Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Friday went well for both Linda and I.

I did go to bed a happy man since my Red Sox won their game against the Chicago White Sox. The first and the third place teams won their games too.

I am still trying to figure out if McCain's selection of a running mate is a winner or not. Selecting a female could be a positive. Being a good role model as a mother is another positive. A moose hunting, ice-fishing , gun toting, outdoors person is another positive. Being against abortion is another positive for certain segments of the nation. The almost 30 year younger age difference is another positive.
The Republicans might have to give up the argument that Obama lacks experience because I don't see much on her resume.
As I left the members bar / restaurant at Berkshire Hills Country Club last evening, I said "Hi" a friend who is a staunch Republican. He thought that McCain's choice of a running mate was a tactical error by the Republican Party. Time will tell!
I did say in a previous e-mail that I would stay away from politics in future e-mails, but I am finding it so difficult to do so.

On a different note, I think that I am addicted to certain sports. I was semi inconsiderate last evening when I abandoned the two other couples, whom we were with, to go home an watch the Red Sox. Some people are addicted to gambling, others to alcohol, etc. How about the actor who checked himself into a clinic yesterday because he was addicted to sex?
Last night did have a positive outcome in spite of my behavior. We stopped and chatted with so many people whom we know while at the Berkshire Hills that if I wanted to stay home and watch a sporting contest, Linda could go there alone, and have a great conversation with so many people.

Right now we have a quiet weekend scheduled.
Four days of golf, when you are a hacker like me, this past week was a bit too much.

Have to go a grab a cup of coffee.

Have a great Labor Day weekend. The Curley Lad

No comments: