Friday, December 4, 2009

Hello on Friday morning

Dear Friends,

We had a pleasant Thursday. After a workout at Retro Fitness, and bonding with
Linda during the morning, we decided to do lunch and a movie. We had lunch at a
place called "On a Roll" in downtown Pittsfield. This eatery is next to the
Beacon Cinema. If you are not in a hurry, and you like a laid back place, then
this is the place for you. The food was fine, but I think Linda needed a table
full of girlfriends to keep the conversation going.
There were 6 people in the stadium seating theater, including us. We watched
the movie called the "Blind Side." It had a little sports related element to it
which helped me to stay focused.

After the movie, we did a little recreational / Christmas shopping at the
Target store in the Berkshire Mall. I stated to fade before the shopping was
over so Linda thought it best that we go home. Yeah!

When we arrived home, there was a bunch of messages on our answering machine.
One of the messages was from my father. The guilt from the telephone call, when
I called back, is why I am up so early composing this e-mail. My father was
visiting my mother in the nursing home, and the wheel fell off of his fancy
walker. He went crashing into a wall in my mother's room, and banged his head,
and body in general as he hit the floor. Luckily he didn't break anything. He
said that this happened before, and luckily he fell on my mother's bed instead
of hitting the floor.
He put more guilt upon me when he said that I could visit him a little more
often at the family home in Lee. He also said that the home might need a little
cleaning too.
So when I woke up early this morning, I couldn't get back to sleep. Maybe it is
time for both my father and mother to be in the nursing home together. My father
came up with this idea!

The airwaves have been merciless with the Tiger Woods saga. One of his multiple
mistresses hired a female lawyer named Allred. The mistress was going to state
what exactly was her relationship with Tiger. Well, the mistress isn't going to
say a word about the affair. The high profile pit bull lawyer for this mistress
must have a worked out a deal with Tiger's lawyer, and I would bet a financial
settlement was reached for her silence.

Our friend who had the rotator cuff surgery is getting really bored according
to his wife. After a doctor's appointment next week, he is hoping to get an okay
for physical therapy. Nurse Judie said that our friend is ready and very willing
to accept visitors.

Social Calendar -- Linda and I had planned to head off to Walmart together mid
morning. We were going directly to the toy isle in search of gifts for our
grandchildren, and my sister's grandchildren. We are trying to focus on
Christmas gifts for the children, and not for the adults this year. We will do
this after I get back from my chores at the family home in Lee.
This evening, we don't have anything formally booked in, but the rotator cuff
guy, and his wife have an expressed a desire to hook up with the Curley's. Like
I said, the Curley's seem to always be in demand!

Observation -- Sarah Pallin thought that the President's decision to send more
troops to Afghanistan was a good move. I sure hope that the President has made
the correct, and best solution to the war on terror. I hope that the military
people incur a minimal amount of loses. Time will tell!

Well, I have to grab a second cup of coffee before heading off to Retro
Fitness.
I opened the doors to the place on Thursday morning.
Have a great weekend!
Yes, either one of us or both of us are booked in for Saturday and Sunday. Some
of the days even have multiple events, some which we have had to say "No" to.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: