Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Monday went as planned with no bumps along the way.

Our friend left his place of work, and a little after 10 AM we were on way to
the Christmas tree farm. My friend was in his car, and Linda and I were in our
car. The five mile drive to the top of the mountain didn't take long. We used to
go to this tree farm every year when our two boys were young. It was called
Strawberry Acres at that time. I am not sure if the new owners kept the name.
We were the only customers at this particular time. The owner said that he was
very busy over the weekend. He said that the musical artist James Taylor bought
a tree over the weekend. He brought a 12 foot pole so that there was not
question about the height of the tree that he eventually picked out.
Our friend was the first one to cut his tree down. Actually he chose his tree
in less than a minute. He used another minute to cut down his tree.
Linda and I took a little longer to chose what we thought was the best tree for
us. Linda treated the adventure like she was Christmas shopping at Macy's. She
has to scope out all the offerings first. She then mentally selects 3 or 4
potential trees for me to cut down. After much thought, observation,
measurements, etc., we selected our tree.
I guess I forgot what it was like to lay on the snow covered ground, and saw
the tree as close to the ground as possible. I also forgot that when I used to
cut down those trees, I was a bit younger and lighter than this almost 63 year
old person right now.
My friend put his banded tree in the trunk of his car while I put our tree on
the roof of my car. My friend dropped off his tree at his home, and went back to
work. Linda and decided to put up the tree. Once again, I forgot the overall
effort it takes to set up a live tree. Just getting the beast to sit up straight
in the the new stand that we bought was a challenge.
In anticipation that we would be exhausted, Linda had a crock pot soup brewing.
She started the soup before going to bed the night before, so it was ready for
us for lunch.
So far, the tree has the lights on, and a lighted angel on the top of the tree.
Our bodies, Linda's more than mine, ached so much, they we are waiting until
Wednesday to put the ornaments on the tree.

Linda's Mah Jongg went well last evening. She won many games, and she came home
in a good mood.

Today she is off again with her Tuesday Mah Jongg ladies for her 11:30 AM until
4:30 PM session.

I will be firing up the crock pot once again. Today I will be making a red
sauce with sweet sausages. Tonight is pasta night. Some Italian bread, and a
glass of red wine will compliment the pasta of our choice quite nicely.

As a matter of fact, since we are in a Winter storm watch from late Tuesday
into Wednesday, the crock pot will busy for a third day in a row. Wednesday we
are planning on having chicken soup in anticipation of being housebound because
of the weather.

The weather is not exactly one that we like. It is supposed to start off as
snow, and then eventually turn to all rain. We are hoping that we don't get much
of the rain.

Tiger Saga -- The word is that Tiger had at least 10 women that he transgressed
with. I was wondering how many of my female readers would stay married to a man
if he transgressed that many times? I already know where I would be if I
transgresses even just one time.

I started savory another new book. I am reading the latest James Patterson
booked called "I". I have half the book to go. I will finish it when Linda is at
Mah Jongg today.

Well, I have to head off to the gym. I want to be there when the doors open. I
don't want anyone talking to me or distracting me except for saying "Hello" of
Goodbye". I like to chat with people, as you well know, but not when it is
workout time.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: