Sunday, December 20, 2009

Hello on Sunday morning

Dear Friends,



The weather prognosticators didn’t quite get it correct. The snow missed us! Darn! The storm hugged the coast, and all the major east coast cities picked up the snow. The cold weather in the Berkshires blocked the storm from reaching us.



I think that I am going to take a break from Retro Fitness. I strained a muscle in my lower rib cage / kidney area a few days ago. Every time that we go over a bump in the road, while we are in our car, I get a shooting pain. Actually the area is painful to the touch. I actually don’t know what machine that I was using which caused the inflammation.

I consulted with my sister, who spent her working years in X-Ray, and Ultrasound. She asked if I had been using a particular machine where you do these stomach muscle crunches. I said “Yes”, and she said that this was probably the machine that caused my problem.



Linda labeled the final last minutes gifts, so I am heading to the basement after this e-mail to finishing the wrapping? Is this a quiet activity?



Social Calendar – We only have three parties to go to today. I think that we will be starting off at the Italian American Club at noon. After some good Italian food at the Club, we will head off to the ITAM Lodge for the second party. On the way home, we will stop at the Berkshire Hills Country Club for their 3 PM to 5 PM event.



The dinner and the Irish Concert went well last evening. I am so glad that we made reservations at Patrick’s Pub for 6 PM. Linda was worrying that we would be served too quickly, and that we would have a good deal of time between dinner and the concert (which is 500 feet from Patrick’s). Well, the Pub was packed! The kitchen lost our main meal food order, and we left the place at 7:45 PM. The waitress came to our table, and said that they wouldn’t charge us for the main meal due to our pain and suffering of waiting. We did give the waitress a tip based on the cost of the main meal.



We didn’t have much time to socialize before the concert. Linda did have time to do a little shopping in the lobby of the theater. For the Christmas season, they have had some crafters selling their wares. I think Linda picked up some kind of bauble while I was working the crowd.



I am trying to figure out how that I am going to catch the 1 PM Patriot football game while attending the three afternoon parties. I might have to record the game.



I replaced our under the counter toaster oven with a new one. Some assembly required! Yeah Right! I finished the project just in time to head out to the concert. It wasn’t as easy as I had hoped it would be.

The major stumbling block was that Black & Decker redesigned the heat shield so I had to take out the old one, drill new holes in the cabinet, etc. before installing the toaster oven.



Before doing the above project I was out and about on the roads in Pittsfield. The roads were clogged with cars. Every Grocery store and stores in general were packed with cars and people. I wanted to get some liquids at one grocery store. When I saw how packed that it was, I just drove by it. I am so glad that our Christmas shopping is complete. One small grocery run, and we should be ready to entertain.



Santa will be here in a couple of days as well as out two sons and their families.

“To travel hopefully is better than to arrive!” (Robert Louis Stevenson quote) is happening once again.
Have a great Sunday
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: