Monday, December 28, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,



We had another pleasant day at the Curley home on Winesap Rd.

Linda and Danielle came home with multiple clothes for babies of all ages. They used those Macy coupons where if you spent $25 you got $10 off.

Isabelle had a lot of fun at the indoor play land at the Mall. She bounced all over the place for one straight hour.

I was home alone at this point with the two dogs. I was washing a set of light and dark baby clothes, which I didn’t do well.



Kevin made it back to his home / apartment in East Boston. He hooked a ride with one of the Herman twins. Their dad is the optometrist whom we go to for our eye checkup and glasses.

I talked with Kevin during the Patriot Football Game. He was enjoying the peace and quiet with their two cats. I think that he really missed his son Max.



Kyla did make it to Danbury, Conn., and visited with her side of the family for a couple of hours. Max was a big hit because the last time that they were in Conn., he was only a week or so old. Kyla did get stuck in traffic on the way back to the Curley’s, but she arrived around the supper hour.



When I mentioned “Dough East Boston” some of the readers of my blog thought that this was a new restaurant which Kevin opened up. Even though Kevin has thoughts of franchising eventually, he has only one restaurant so far. When the telephone rings in his place, the workers always answer it by saying: “Dough East Boston, how can I help you?”



Since I mentioned a sporting contest, I will say a few words about the multiple hours of sports that I watched on Sunday. The Boston teams almost won all of their three contests. The Patriots and the Boston Bruins were victorious. The Boston Celtics lost their game when their opponents made a two point shot with no time left on the clock. The sad part about this loss was that a Celtic player went to the line with 1.5 seconds left, and missed both foul shots.

Continuing on with sports talk, I did watch a game which will be talked about all week. The last team, with an undefeated record, got beat. The defeat occurred mostly because the Coach of their team took out important starters, like their quarterback, and let the other team win the game. I wanted the Colts to lose, but not this way.



We did have one set of friends come over to socialize and watch the Patriot game. They brought over two appetizers which they made with Christmas leftovers of ham and turkey. They were so yummy. The other good thing which took place was that their elementary school child got one of the I-Phones for Christmas, and Mike and Danielle showed her how to access more apps and how to get some apps off of the internet. I couldn’t help because I am from the old school that still uses devices which have on and off buttons only. I think that the elementary school girl wished that Mike and Danielle lived in Pittsfield instead of Kansas.



Today is the last day that we will have the Kansas family with us today. I can feel the tears being shed a day before they even get on the airplane. Mike, Danielle, and Isabelle fly out of Logan on Tuesday at 5 PM. Our last supper today will be a boneless pork loin. Linda wants to bake it in an oven instead of by putting it in a crock pot. I want to try it in our new electric pressure cooker which Kevin and Kyla got us for Christmas. I think that Linda is afraid that I might destroy the meat if I use the pressure cooker. I have to cook a few meals in the device for just Linda and I before we branch out, and serve any meals to our family or friends.



Observation – I decided to rethink the Curley’s moving into a condo. As long as we have grandchildren visiting us in the Berkshires, we need every available space that we have. Our relatives wouldn’t come to the Berkshires if they had the added expenses of staying in motels and hotels. Linda and I wouldn’t experience the joys of seeing the smiling faces of our grandchildren each morning. Maybe, we should winterize the screened in room on the deck, and put in some heat because we are going to need more room as more grandchildren are born.



Observation – Most of us in the house are starting to get a little stuffy. Danielle came to us from Kansas with a little cold which went dormant for a few days. It might be starting to be passed around. The gift that keeps on giving!



Well, I think that today will be a chill day. I was in bed at 8:30 PM trying to watch sporting contests. I fell asleep in less than 10 minutes and woke up to the roar of a crowd during the Celtic game. This was at midnight!

I am not sure what was discussed with respect to what is going on today at our house.



Have a great Monday after Christmas.

We are supposed to get a little snow today before a cold front moves in for tomorrow. It is supposed to be the coldest day and night of the winter on Tuesday here in the Berkshires.

Have to go.

Billy, the dog, was just let out by me for his morning constitution. He slept with Mike and Danielle last evening. Linda and I slept alone for the first time since our family arrived. I am guessing that Linda will stay in bed past 9 AM if she can. She went to bed on tired buckaroo last evening.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: