Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,



We had another pleasant day in our home on Wednesday.



The computer guy never showed up or called to fix our Mac computer.



The family meeting went okay at the nursing home. My father, sister, and I concluded that the nursing home is the best place for Mom due to her physical condition. We discussed ways to make her stay at the nursing home a little more manageable for Mom. During the meeting, the staff gave us some suggestions of how we as a family can go about doing that.



On a different note, we have a day and one half with our grandchild Max and his mom from East Boston. We are going to try and make the most of it in between celebrating New Year’s Eve.

We will have a few people over for some beverages, appetizers, dessert, and some board or card games with Champagne at Midnight. After the ball drops in Times Square in New York, everyone will depart, and a new year will begin.



I had my first baby sitting gig alone yesterday. Linda and Kyla did a movie and dinner. They saw the movie “Nine”. Linda said that I would have hated hit. I am so glad that I didn’t go to the movies.

Baby sitting went okay! I had to change a messy diaper. I got Max so tired, and I needed a break, so I let Max fall asleep for 20 minutes. I was given instructions to keep him awake until his bedtime, but I guess that I didn’t follow instructions. Luckily, they came home before it was bedtime. The bedtime instructions were even more complicated!



Michael and his family are now in Kansas. I was going to send him a message asking how things went on the plane, and when they arrived home. He sent a letter last night describing how things didn’t go as planned. Isabelle wasn’t her usually pleasant self since there were airport delays. She also put up a fuss going to sleep in her crib when she arrived home. While at our house she started to sleep in a bed with a little help from her mother and father. Well, welcome to the world of childrearing!

Mike said that his driveway was full of snow with 5 foot drifts. He spent a good deal of time on Wednesday shoveling his driveway.

I am guessing that next Christmas when they will have a new addition to their family, there is no way that they would want to get on an airplane and fly to the East coast. We used to pack up our two boys, and travel to celebrate Christmas, but their came a point where we stayed put, and had the relatives come to our house.



Sports—While baby sitting I watched an exciting College Football Bowl game. The Idaho team was 7 points down with 32 seconds left to play. They scored a touch down, and went for a two point conversion to win the game. They did it in 32 seconds. Like Yogi Berra said; “It ain’t over until it is over!”

I went to bed early again to watch the Boston Bruins, and Boston Celtics. I fell asleep and missed who won their respective contests. All that I remember was that the Bruins had a 4 to 0 lead in their game. The Celtics had a couple of their big guns out with injuries, and they were behind as I fell asleep.



Well, another year is about to come to an end. Linda and I hope that the positives outweighed the negatives in your lives. As you have seen in my daily blogs, the positives were the winners in our lives.

Remember to not sweat the little stuff! If you have aches and pains, there is somebody worse off than you are so stop complaining. Laugh at yourself! Show more love than hate.

Enjoy your family every moment that you can. Your family and friends can help you get you through those difficult times.



Support our Democratic President!

Linda and I (me for sure) will continue to be Liberal Democrats.



May the New England Patriots sneak their way into the Super Bowl.

Good Luck to the Bruins and Celtics, and the Revolution Soccer team.



Keep saying to yourself that “Life is good”, and the New Year will better than last year. The Curley Lad

No comments: