Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

The Berkshires are coated with about 3 inches of snow except for higher amounts
where the elevation is above 1500 feet.
It is picture post card weather outside right now with a temperature of 25
degrees. We aren't supposed to get much higher than 30 degrees today.

Saturday went well for Linda and her girlfriend. The shopped from 9 AM until a
little after 3 PM. Me on the other hand, didn't have such a great day. I was
suffering from indigestion all day long. I tried tums, club soda, tea without
caffeine,etc. I checked my blood pressure, and it was normal. Indigestion and
heart problems are linked sometimes. I feel much better this morning as I get
ready to head off to Retro Fitness.

Linda and I never made it to the Purple Plume last evening because of the way I
felt. Yes, we missed chocolate, and Champagne.

Social Calendar -- Yes, we have a full one today. There is a kids party at the
ITAM Lodge today. Linda is going to drop off a cake, and help out with the party
at noon.
I am booked in for 9 AM appointment in West Stockbridge. My ability to lift
Christmas decoration buckets for our friends whose husband is functioning with
one good arm, for right now, will keep me busy.
My next adventure of the day is to atch the Patriots do battle with the
Dolphins in Miami at 1 PM today.
This evening we are busy once again. At 6 PM, we are heading off to Patrick's
Pub for a little "Goodbye" celebration for our Irish guests who head back to
Ireland on Monday.

Tiger Woods saga-- I heard on a sports channel on Saturday that Tiger might have
had a fourth transgression. Maybe if Tiger loses the endorsement for Nike, he
could make commercials for male enhancement products.

Observation -- I am not a fan of purchasing coffee from a place like "Dunkin
Donuts", but many of my family and friends do so. Here is my problem. Let us say
I want to bring in my mug instead of using the throw away paper cups which they
serve the coffee in at the coffee shops. All the mugs, which donuts shops sell,
now have metal as part of their construction. Let's say when I get home, I want
to warm up the coffee which might have gotten cold. Since the coffee mugs have
metal in them, I can't reheat the coffee in the microwave unless I transfer the
coffee to a microwave safe container. Luckily, we will still have a fully
plastic Dunkin Donut mug which I almost threw out.
As Linda was in line the other day getting some coffee, some people in line
were listening to her conversation about the metal laced coffee mugs. They
agreed with Linda that these coffee shops should return to selling the all
plastic mugs.

Well, I have to warm up my cup of tea in my microwave safe cup.
By making my cup of tea or coffee at home, I saved a whole bunch of money and
headaches.

Have a great Sunday.
The Curley's will be having one for sure.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: