Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,
I was having trouble getting on the computer this morning so I will start this
e-mail, head off to Retro Fitness for a 6 AM start, and return to my e-mail
after my 1 hour workout.

Our Friday went very well. I loaded up my car with cleaning supplies, and
headed off to dear old dad's place. I hit and killed a gray squirrel on the way
to Lee. I couldn't stop my car safely since another car was right behind me. The
squirrel was trying to cross the road from right to left. He got halfway across
the road. I heard the thud, and looked out of my rear view mirror to see him
sprawled out in the middle of the road. The crows will have a free meal of road
kill.

Before doing any cleaning, I reattached the wheel that fell off of Dad's walker
on Thursday. The cleaning took over two hours.

Observation -- On the way home from Lee, I started thinking about house
cleaning as a business. I would call it: "Fran's house cleaning and more." I
would have customers in the high income bracket. After a couple of cleaning
sessions and more (but I wouldn't transgress), I would begin with the innuendos,
and rumors. I would secure a good lawyer, and get paid for my silence. Does this
have a familiar ring to it?

After arriving home Linda and I went off to a bunch of different stores to do a
little recreational and Christmas shopping. I faded a little after 5 PM.
We went home to empty the car of our treasures, and freshen up for our evening
adventure. We met two other couples at the Shamrock for some food, fun, and
merriment. Waiting for a table of 6 took some time, but it was worth the wait.
We skipped coffee, and dessert at the Shamrock, and invited everyone back to the
Curley's.
While at the Shamrock, Linda and I said "Hello" to Liam Geddes's mother and
father. Liam was an an Irish Idol contestant in his home country. He didn't win
the contest, but the performance propelled him into the beginning of a career in
singing. The Geddes family is from our Irish Sister City in Ballina, Ireland.
Liam is performing at a fundraiser at Lenox High School this evening while we
are partying at the Purple Plume.

Linda couldn't wait to show off all the Christmas decorations which she spent
countless hours to set up. Of course, everyone was impressed with our out door
lights, and "Kissing Balls", the figurines on our deck.
I also showed our guests the bird feeding set up which I made so that we can
watch the furry, and feathered creatures through the sliding glass doors onto
our deck. I turned on a spotlight, and to my surprise was the fattest raccoon
which I have ever seen. He was enjoying the black oil sunflower seeds until I
shooed him off the deck. The raccoon bolted from our deck, and headed under a
privacy fence into a neighbor's back yard. I am not sure if he returned last
night while we were sleeping.

Social Calendar -- Linda is being picked up by some girlfriends at 9 AM to begin
her day. They are off to the annual Sacred Heart School craft's fair. They have
to go early if they want some of the homemade food items, and the best pick of
the crafts.
Tonight, weather permitting, is the annual night at the Purple Plume. Our friend
will be serving Chocolates and Champagne from 6 PM until 9 PM.

Speaking of weather -- One of the Albany, New York television channels, which we
watch for weather and news, is predicting 2 to four inches of snow for us in the
Berkshires from 11 AM until 1 AM. The heavier stuff will fall after 5 PM. Maybe
our wish for a White Christmas will come true after all.
It looks like Monday is our target date for cutting down a real tree. Once the
tree is up and decorated, let the partying begin!

Retro Fitness -- The gym was so quiet today. I opened the doors once again.
There were only four of us at 6 AM.

Well, my first quiet project is to rearrange food items in the freezer. Linda
wants a totally empty shelf for food items which she will prepare, freeze, and
reheat for when our two boys and their families arrive in the Berkshires for
Christmas. We also have to bake a cake for Sunday's kids Christmas party at the
ITAM.

Have a nice weekend.
Ours is off to a great start! The Curley lad

No comments: