Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Retro Fitness will be without the Curley Lad this morning. The snow has started
to fall from the winter storm which has made its way across the country.
The weather gurus have us getting about four or five inches of the white stuff
before changing to a mix, and then to rain.

We had a pleasant day on Tuesday. Linda had fun playing Mah Jongg. All six
players showed up which hasn't happened in a long time. Only four can play a
round of Mah Jongg before the other two can play.

The most activity that I participated in was to vote in a special election for
a Democrat who will be fighting for Ted Kennedy's spot in a January election.
The second activity was to finish the book that I started the other day. As far
as savoring it, I did use two days before I completed it.

The whole wheat pasta dinner which we ate last night went very well. The only
negative was the sausages which we had purchased from Costco's. They had none of
the good Italian flavors that the locally made sausages do have.

The crock pot "chicken and vegetable" soup has been brewing all night. It will
be perfect at lunch time.

Today we will decorate the Christmas tree. We planned to do it on Wednesday
whether it snowed or not.

Speaking of the tree, after sending this e-mail, I will have give the tree
another drink of water. The tree is always thirsty during the first few days
after you set it up. We purchased a Balsam Fir because it is one of the longest
lasting trees with respect to its needles staying on the tree.

We haven't heard from our son in Kansas. We were wondering if he picked snow /
rain or a combination there of.

News -- Nothing exciting jumped out at me with respect to being very
interesting except for the fact that Tiger Woods' mother-in-law is feeling the
stress of his transgressions. I am wondering how long that Tiger and his wife
will be together.

Observation -- A local writer wrote an editorial about taking Christ out of
Christmas with respect to this time of year. He said that he was upset that we
now have to be politically correct, and say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry
Christmas". He said that he was also upset that the public schools can't
display, sings songs, or have anything related to Christ, baby Jesus, etc.
Well, the day after his editorial, a Rabbi responded with his objection to the
local writer's piece. He said that when he was a Jewish child growing up, he
felt so awkward singing songs in public schools which had nothing to do with his
religion. He reminded all of us about that when the Constitution was formed, a
separation of Church and State was part of the deal.
My point of this discussion is that we here in the United States can disagree
with a person's stance on a particular issue, but we don't have to use bullets,
and bombs because we aren't in agreement.
Another point is that the religions of the world often play a pretty big role
in many of the conflicts which we seemed to get involved in.
If a particular religion works for you, then be happy and support it, but don't
try and convert me!

Well, I am going to open the blinds to the sliding glass doors onto the deck,
and watch the snow fall, and the feathered and furry creatures attack my bird
feeders. We have some of the fattest squirrels and chipmunks in the
neighborhood. I don't think that the raccoon has come back to my bird feeder. I
will now be able to see his tracks in the snow if he does.

Today is garbage collection day for our neighborhood. I didn't put my trash and
recycle stuff out yet because I am listening to the radio to see if it might be
canceled, and postponed until Thursday. I also didn't put it out because I
didn't want our garbage flying up and down the streets since the wind is really
blowing right now.

The Pittsfield Schools called off school already. The rest of the County is
doing so as I finish this e-mail.

Have a great Wednesday!
If you don't have to be on the roads in the Berkshires, then stay home, and
stay off of the highways.
When our two boys were small, I would be outside playing with them, and making
snow men / woman, and snow forts.
I hope that I get a chance to do so when Isabelle arrives. Even though Max is
too young to walk, I am taking him outside too. Every kid (and adult) needs a
little fresh air to keep them healthy!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: