Monday, December 21, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,



My 60 minute treadmill workout at Retro Fitness did more harm than good for me on Sunday. I was in pain all day long. I had trouble doing everything like getting up and down from a chair, getting into and out of a car, coughing and sneezing, getting in and out of bed. I was ready to head off to the emergency room by the time we ended our third party on Sunday.

Yes, we had fun, food, and merriment at each party. Actually, the first party at the Italian American Club provided the best food. They served eggplant; polenta squares which you topped with sauce, pasta, sausage and peppers and onions, pizza with anchovies (which was the only food Linda didn’t like), chicken wings, all kinds of Italian meats, cheeses, condiments, salad, rolls, and bread as well as dessert and coffee. We were stuffed when we left the Club.

We then headed to the ITAM. The food was okay, but not great. We had more coffee and dessert just to be socialable. We then left the ITAM around 3 PM, and headed off to the Berkshire Hills Country Club.

Linda went right for the pizza since there were no anchovies on it. The Berkshire Hills had Swedish Meatballs, and wings (like the other two places had). They had fruit, and baked nachos and cheese which the other two places didn’t have. The Hills was more of a drinking crowd than an eating crowd.



When we arrived home near 5 PM, I put on sleep wear, grabbed the heating pad, and went to the basement to finish wrapping presents. I went from wrapping to the couch to watch football. I had such a difficult time getting comfortable. Any time I moved, I got shooting pain in the inflamed area. I headed off to bed at 9:30 PM. I fell asleep, and woke up to cheering in some sporting contest a little after midnight.

I feel so much better this morning than I did yesterday. I am not pain free completely, but I can move around without constant pain. If I do move in a particular direction, I still can still illicit a shooting pain, but nothing like yesterday.

I might see if I can hook up with my primary care guy or a nurse practioner today.



I really don’t have time to be injured since the grandchildren will be arriving in Pittsfield on Tuesday (after I pick some of them up on Tuesday morning)

Yesterday, I was hurting so bad, that I couldn’t have picked up either of the grandchildren. Linda was so upset that I was in an almost paralysis mode on Sunday.

I am staying away from Retro Fitness today!



Social Calendar – After sending this e-mail, make out a few Christmas cards, and go to the Post Office, I am going to peel and clean shrimp, make pizzelles, contact my Primary Care Doctor, set up the house in preparation for our guests to arrive. I will be going out this evening to a place called the “Old Forge” for a UNICO membership meeting. The fun and merriment has to continue. The question is can my body make it through all of the activities?

Linda has to make her final grocery stop for a few last minute items.



We did communicate with a few friends at the Eastern end of the state on Sunday, and asked about the snowfall which they received. Kevin said that the snow in East Boston was manageable. Our friends on Cape Cod were getting blizzard conditions. Linda’s godson in New Hampshire was getting 3 or 4 inches of snow. We in the Berkshires continued to be snow flake free.



I did catch bits and pieces of the Patriots as they won their game. They won, but just barely held on to the slim lead that they had. Like I said, the Patriots are mediocre team. One thing that I did hear on the post game radio program is that Tom Brady is hurting physically. The Patriots’, and Tom Brady are pretty closed mouth about how bad his injuries really are.



Enough of me playing on the computer! I have to get to work with some quiet activities.

Have a great week at work or play.

Give all of your family members a “Hug” from Linda and me.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: