Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

I just got back from Retro Fitness. I have decided that I don't like talking to
anyone while I am at the gym. I just want to do my own thing, and not expend
energy socializing or being distracted from my routine.
I went a little later today. I must be recovering from the sleep disorder
clinic from the night before.
I thought that I saw Sarah Pallin at the gym this morning. The woman had that
Sarah Pallin hairdo. She must be a Republican!

Politics -- I did watch and listen to our President's speech last night at West
Point. Many people voted for Barac because he promised to pull out the troops
from Iraq and Afghanistan. I would surmise that the military likes the decision,
but the American public does not. I see more bloodshed and death of our American
men and women. I hope that what the President explained about our mission, and
the goals which he and the military want to obtain do come true.
The Republican talking heads have already started criticizing the President
because they don't want us to pull out of Afghanistan until the job is done.
They don't want any pullout restrictions.
The weapons contractors prefer us to be in never ending wars because that is
how they make their profits.

Tiger Woods -- I can't believe how high profile people think that they can't
get caught having a "little action on the side." His wife should just file for a
divorce, get custody of their two children, and get 50% of Tiger's earnings.
Tiger's fall from grace is going to cost him dearly. He better get in front of
a microphone and tell us the truth about the whole affair.
Now we all know why sometimes his golf game went astray. He must have been
having trouble figuring out which club to use on what particular hole.

Christmas Tree -- We are going to postpone our search for the perfect Christmas
Tree today. I forgot that if we get the tree too early, we might not be able to
keep it alive until Christmas. We don't want to have our tree looking like the
one in the "Charlie Brown" cartoon since our sons and their family will be here
will us for Christmas.

Pork Dinner -- Our crock pot dinner turned out great last evening. We wanted a
different taste to the pork instead of a barbecue sauce tasting one. Using
Sauerkraut, was the new ingredient. We found the recipe in a "Fix it and Leave
it" crock pot book. We couldn't invite friends to join us because some of our
friends have an aversion to cabbage like products. Oh Darn!
I think that we do have possibly one set of friends who will eat anything that
we serve.
As I think about it, it is almost impossible to make foods that agree with all
of our tummies as we get older.

Fruit Cake -- While driving home from the gym today, I caught a radio broadcast
about Fruitcake. In Manitou Springs, Colorado, they have a fruitcake throwing
contest. What a waste! Linda and I have been to Manitou Springs before when we
visited Michael while he was attending the Air Force Academy.
If my readers ate the Brodeur Fruitcake they would change their opinion of
fruitcake. As an example, I mentioned to my brother-in-law that Jerry Brodeur
makes a wonderful fruitcake. He said that a relative of his always made
fruitcake for Christmas. Since the relative passed away, none of his family
members have taken up the tradition. Well, I brought home a piece of the Brodeur
fruitcake from our Thanksgiving adventure. My brother-in-law gobbled up the
piece of fruitcake, without sharing, and he said that it brought back memories
of his relative's fruitcake.

Social Calendar -- Linda is the only one going out this evening. She has her
BONCO / Christmas Party at a friend's home. Linda will be making an artichoke
dip, and her crab dip. Of course, she will make a little extra for me to have
while she is partying with her girlfriends, and while I am watching a sporting
contest at home.

Weather -- It did snow flurry for a little while on Tuesday. The ground was too
warm to have held the snow. This weekend in the Berkshire, it looks like that it
might be cold enough for the ski resorts to make snow.

Have a great Wednesday.
The count down to Christmas has begun.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: