Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

ear Friends,



Both sons and their wonderful families arrived in Pittsfield on Tuesday. I did get to East Boston a little before noon. It was a smooth ride. The ride home was just as smooth.

Good thing that Linda decided to stay home. With 5 adults, two dogs, and all the suitcases, and baby stuff, there was no room for Linda. Strapping her to the roof of my car would have been the only way in which I would have been able to get her back to Pittsfield. I actually did pack some rope when I made the trip to East Boston.

Kevin, Kyla, Danielle, Isabelle, and Max, and the two dogs were in one car, and Mike and I were in my car. My car was loaded in the hatch back, and on the back seat with so much stuff that you couldn’t even squeeze in a stuffed animal. My rear view mirrored was useless since my line of vision was totally blocked. Essentially I could have used a car top carrier, or a U-Haul. I even have a soft luggage car top carrier that I wanted to take, but under advisement of the Queen, I didn’t take it.



It took a little while for Isabelle to adjust to another set of surroundings, but in general, Linda’s child proofing of the house went pretty well. Our son, former Chief Flight Safety Officer, when he was at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas, took a tour of the house looking for possible trouble spots where a toddler might get into trouble. Linda and I made the corrections. We now have these door knob devices on doors going the basement, on bedroom doors, etc. It took me a while to figure out how to use them.



After the Toddler and the five month old ate there supper, the adults sat down for a pleasant meal prepared by the domestic goddess, Linda. She made Chicken Picatta, and Risotto in the Crock pot. A few vegetables and some bread made for a great meal.



Around 7:30 PM, the children were prepared for bed time, and both mothers and fathers did their thing to settle them down. Isabelle, and Max were asleep in no time. I was so tired, that about an hour after the children went to sleep, I headed off to bed too. I couldn’t even stay awake or carry on a conversation.

When I woke up this morning, I see that I missed the rum cake which Linda made. There were five forks in the sink (the dishwasher was full of clean dishes) when there should have been six. I might have a piece for breakfast. It does say that I am supposed to take those Motrin Pills with food. Is rum cake considered food?



Speaking of Motrin, I do feel much better today. My muscle strain hasn’t healed completely, but I am a little more pain free than I was on Sunday.



Well, with me turning 63 today, it doesn’t appear to be all that bad. With a minimum of health issues, I feel great. My blood pressure was 124/72 when I visited the nurse practitioner on Monday. I still have a body fat issue, but hopefully that problem will be worked on, and solved after the holidays.



Observation – Grandchildren are so wonderful! Yes, I know that Linda and I are so fortunate to even have grandchildren. We are so lucky that things worked out so good for our two sons, the wives whom they have chosen, and the two bundles of joy that they have produced (and another baby Curley due in May).

I like the grandparent experience because I see the cycle of life taking place right before my eyes. As I mention in my e-mails about obituaries which I read in the local newspaper, there will be another person born who will make up for those deaths.

Sometimes the things that I do say in my e-mails do make people upset, especially for family and friends who would love to have grandchildren, and who are still waiting for it to happen. I guess it comes back to the point that I often make that people should try and be happy in their own little world.

Consider life like you were playing card game. Some of us were dealt an okay hand from the beginning, but the hand got worse as the game progressed. Some of us were dealt a mediocre hand of cards which will get better as the card game continues. Others seemed to have been dealt a Royal Straight Flush? What kind of hand did the Good Lord deal you?



Well, it is getting very close to Santa coming down the Chimney.

The Curley home is all prepared for his arrival.

I have a whole bunch of things to do, but I am the only one up in the house right now.

My tasks are all noisy ones so I can’t start right now.

I guess reading the local newspaper is a quiet activity.

Have a great day. The Curley’s will be having one for sure!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: