Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,



It appears that the snow that Washington, D.C. is getting will not reach the Berkshires. Oh Darn! We are supposed to get an inch of snow which will cover up the dirty snow, but that is it. The high pressure cold Canadian air is the culprit. We are in the single digits as I type this e-mail. We should reach the middle 20’s before this day comes to an end. We are in a Winter Storm Watch even though the snow amounts are predicted to be on the light side. I need enough snow to take Isabelle and Max sliding!



We had another pleasant day on Friday. Linda went from her breakfast to search for a few last minute gifts. I came home after Retro Fitness, and did some chores inside the house. Wrapping these last minutes gifts should take place today.

We did meet at T.J.Maxx so that I could help with the selection making of certain items which Linda picked out.



I have an 11 AM this morning. Linda should be free to sleep as long as she wants. I usually make so much noise doing my quiet activities, that she normally can’t sleep past 8 AM.

This evening we are off to dinner and an Irish Christmas Concert at the Colonial Theater. Yes, we might encounter a whole bunch of Berkshire County people of Irish descent. This evening is when the light snow fall will be taking place too.



Last evening we did hook up with another couple, and went off to the Shamrock. After a good meal, we went off to the other couples’ home to see their decorated Christmas tree. After a couple of cups of coffee, we headed home.

I watched three sporting contests. All of the teams which I was rooting for lost. The first sporting contest was a college football game in which Villanova defeated the Montana Grizzlies. The University of Montana in Missoula is where our son Kevin graduated from. I then continued to use the remote to watch the Boston Celtic’s lose by one point at home. The Bruins lost their hockey game in an overtime shootout. I still slept well despite the three loses!



Observation – According to all reports, 40 % of the people will start their Christmas Shopping today. Linda and I are staying out of the stores today! It was also reported that people are spending more money for Christmas this year whether they are making their purchases in the store or on line. The restaurants appear to be doing well also. Even thought the Shamrock is relatively small, the place was packed. People who didn’t want to wait for a table were eating at the bar. I tried eating at the bar once. I dribbled most of my dinner on my body, and the floor when we sat at the bar.

Linda went out on Tuesday night with a couple of Mah Jongg girlfriends. The Italian restaurant (Mazzeo’s),which they went to, was packed.



Well, I have to put on my workout clothes, and head off to Retro Fitness. On the weekend, the place doesn’t open until 6 AM. Oh Darn!



Have a great weekend!

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: