Monday, December 14, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

I just got back from Retro Fitness. The Ninja guy and I opened the place at
4:30 AM.
Now some of you might think that my use of the word "Ninja guy" to be a bit
racist, but as I was on the treadmill at one point this morning, I had the
personal television on the machine going. As I was searching for the ESPN Sports
Center Channel, which I always watch while on the treadmill, I saw an
infomercial. They were advertising some kind of super mini blender. It was
called the "Ninja!" Is this considered racism?

Speaking of ESPN, I was watching the summary of all the professional football
games which took place on Sunday. As I watched the summary of the game between
the two Florida teams, I started thinking about the tailgating, which my friend
and I used to do, when we had our Patriot season tickets. I was thinking what it
must be like to tailgate if your team was a Florida based one. I was trying to
imagine wearing shorts and tee shirts as opposed to long underwear, winter
coats, hats, and gloves, and winter boots, and rain gear especially if my friend
and I were at yesterday's Patriot game at Gillette Stadium (It rained during
most of the game).

Randy Moss is catching a whole bunch of flack on all the Sports Programs, and
Sports pages of newspapers today. He was awful yesterday by not running routes,
dropping passes that he should have caught, etc. At one point, Tom Brady went
over to the bench to speak to him after one of his drop balls.
Randy better get his act together this week during practice. The Patriots need
to win every one of their remaining games to secure first place in their
division. I would bench Randy if he plays like he did yesterday.
The Patriots are off to Buffalo on this Sunday. The Patriots haven't been able
to win on the road this season, and I hope that this is not the case on Sunday.
I like the Eagles, the Saints, and the Vikings as we get closer to the
playoffs. Most of the other teams are mediocre including the Patriots.

Tiger -- The saga continues! More firms who have Tiger as their spokesperson
are severing their ties with him. I hope that he has enough money left for a
divorce settlement!

Linda and I had a pleasant day on Sunday. Linda worked a lot harder than I did.
I watched the Patriots while wrapping presents. Linda did all the organizing and
separating and labeling, etc until 6 PM. We finished wrapping pretty much
everything which needs to be wrapped. We couldn't put everything away because
when our sons and their family arrive, they might have to use some of our
wrapping supplies.

Our almost 5 month old grandchild had his first airplane ride this past
weekend. Kyla had to be at a work related conference in New Orleans. She decided
it was a good time to take Kevin and Max with her.
The first time that I ever had a chance to get on an airplane was when Linda
and I went on our honeymoon to Puerto Rico. I was in my mid 20's at the time.
Kids now are so lucky!

The weather on Sunday was pretty miserable. Snow, sleet, freezing rain to
eventually all rain put a nix on Linda going to the Christmas play in a
neighboring town.
We have about a day and one half of temperatures in the 30's before we go into
a deep freeze. The cold weather is coming in on Tuesday evening. We will have
several days of high's in the low 20's, and single digit temperatures during the
evening.
We didn't lose too much snow with yesterday's warm weather, but we do need a
nice coating of the white stuff to hide the dirty snow.

Social Calendar -- I am engaged this evening with a UNICO board meeting which
starts at 6 PM. If I didn't go to this meeting, there is a 6 PM ITAM board
meeting that I would be attending. I would rather go to the UNICO Board meeting.
Our UNICO President said something about serving pizza. Yeah!

Bird feeders -- We have 6 gray squirrels, and 2 chipmunks fighting the birds
for my sunflower seeds. The furry creatures better enjoy the good times right
now. When Kevin's dog, Billy, arrives for the Holidays, the furry creatures will
have to run for their lives. Billy loves chasing the furry creatures. Maybe the
birds will then have a better chance at eating the sunflower seeds. I think that
Isabelle will enjoy watching the squirrels do their thing. Frankie beans, Kyla's
dog, will be there to give Billy moral support.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: