Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,



It was another pleasant, but semi sad day in our house yesterday. We had to say “Goodbye” to one son and his family.

As predicted, there was no room in my car for Linda. She had to say her tearful “Goodbyes” as we left Pittsfield at 12:30 PM.

The drive to the airport in Boston was hassle free. I even had time to stop off at Kevin’s place “Dough” in East Boston for some conversation and a slice of pizza before heading back to Pittsfield. All the snow that was in East Boston a week ago was completely gone.



Linda and Kyla were tired of eating leftovers, so they had Chinese food delivered last night.

I had leftovers when I arrived home, but I didn’t mind. I hate the thought of throwing out food. This goes back to some rough times when I was growing up, and the saying: ”Waste not, want not!”



I was so exhausted from the drive to and from Boston that I tried watching sports in bed at 7:30 PM. I fell asleep once again with Billy on the bed. I must have been snoring too loudly because he left the bedroom.



I feel great this morning. My first task is to put out the trash. All of us on the street didn’t put the trash out last night because it was too windy.

It is a balmy 8.6 degrees right now, but the wind has died down considerably.



Kyla was still suffering from her cold on Tuesday. I feel great today with a minimum of stuffiness. Linda just suffers from exhaustion, but it is of the good kind when dealing with grandchildren. I jokingly said that when everyone leaves, and we return to a quiet and peaceful house, she should consider going to a motel or hotel. She should put the “Do Not Disturb” sign on the room door, and sleep for days. She thought that this was a great idea.

When everyone leaves, I will gather up my ice-fishing gear, and do a little ice-fishing. We will both have our moments of being alone. Neither one of us will be able to give the other person projects to do which is fine with me.

Now taking down the Christmas decorations is another story. We will keep the tree and the outdoor lights on until New Years, and then the house will go dark. The electric company will be so sad.



We have a computer guy coming to the house to fix our Mac computer at 9 AM this morning.

I have a family meeting at the nursing home today at 2 PM.

I need to go to City hall at some point today to get a new sporting license (fishing and hunting combined) for 2010.



I am not sure what Kyla, Max, and Linda have planned. I do know that Kyla had fun at the Mall purchasing discounted baby clothes. The question is if I can take care of the baby when they are gone, or will they take Max to the Mall with them.



News – The latest shoe bomber terrorists don’t deserve a trial. Execution is the best solution! I don’t want us paying for this young person’s sentence of life imprisonment.



Well, I have to get to the trash.

We sure have generated a whole bunch of trash. Thee buckets, and several more bags will give the trash men a workout at our house today.

Have a great Wednesday! The Curley Lad

No comments: