Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had a pleasant Saturday yesterday. There weren't too many people at Retro
Fitness when I opened the doors at 6 AM.
This is just the way that I like it!

Linda went off with a girl friend to do a little shopping. I wrapped some
sticker labeled Christmas presents while Linda was doing her thing.
The four of us met a Papa Joe's Ristorante at 6 PM. Most of us enjoyed our
meals including the appetizers.
No one wanted to party on so we went our separate ways after supper. This was
fine with me since I had the Boston Celtics, and the Boston Bruins to keep me
entertained. I even finished savory the book that I was reading because
professional basketball can get kind of boring.
Well, my Bruins lost a heart breaker in overtime. My Celtics put a big time
hurt on the Chicago Bulls.

Linda sat and watched her previously recorded programs while I watched my
sports.

We have some nasty weather coming in later on this afternoon. We have ice
changing to rain. The Patriots might get some of this weather during their 1 PM
game today.
The Patriot Player who spoke up for being sent home for being late to a team
meeting the other day will not be playing. I believe that he will be watching
the game at home. This is the second time that he has been in Belechik's
doghouse. I will bet that they are looking to trade him as I speak!

We were invited to go to the Holyoke Mall this morning, but we took a rain
check. The couple who invited us wanted to depart for the Mall at 8 AM. We don't
like to break our Sunday routine of reading the newspapers, and then me settling
down for some professional football. I will have some wrapping to take care of
after Linda labels the presents for me.
This evening Linda wanted me to go with her to a Christmas play at a theater in
a neighboring town. I am hoping that she makes a few telephone calls, and finds
a substitute for me. Maybe the foul weather will put a damper on things.
By the time that the play starts, it should be an all rain event!

Politics / News -- Same old, same old! It does get monotonous after a while.

Observation -- We got into a discussion the other day about grandchildren. I
made the statement that it is our job as grandparents to "spoil our
grandchildren rotten." Three out of the four of us agreed with my statement. The
person, who disagreed, tried to use the argument that we as grandparents should
work in concert with the parents instead of going against the way that they rear
their children. He thought that the excess presents, treats, etc. that we giver
as grandparents was not a good approach! Well, our friend can maintain his
position, but the three of us are going to continue to spoil our grandchildren!


I am getting ready to head off to Retro Fitness.
It opens at 6 AM again today.

Have a great Sunday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: