Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hello on Tuesday morning

Dear Friends,

We had another pleasant day in the Berkshires on Monday.
I decided to work in our small storage area in the basement while Linda went
off to do errands. Her last words, as she exited the house, were : "If you
decide to throw out things while your cleaning, just don't tell me what you have
thrown out." I followed her instructions exactly!
I think that we will have the most trash of anyone in the neighborhood to put
out on the curb for Wednesday.

I think that I am going back in the basement today while Linda's Mah Jongg
ladies are at our house doing lunch and playing from about noon until 4:30 PM.
Linda is socially engaged this evening too!

The temperatures were so mild on Monday that you didn't even need a jacket on
when you went outside. I did go outside for 5 minutes during the heat of the
day. I had to reattach some bows which came off of one of the Kissing Balls as
well as rescue a neighbor who locked himself out of his house.
While I was in the basement, I heard the front door bell ring. I thought it was
the UPS man delivering another package. Not! It was my neighbor. Luckily he used
our telephone to call his wife to unlock his garage door. His wife works about
two miles from their home so she arrived quickly.
I told Linda, who happened to be home at the exact time because she forgot to
put the packages in the car which she was supposed to mail, that we have a spare
key hidden in a strategic location so that we can always get back into the house
if either of us locked ourselves out. I hope she remembers where I told her that
I hid the key.

My UNICO board meeting went well. We had a few appetizers to get us through the
rather quick meeting.

The cool temperatures which I talked about in yesterday's e-mail will be
arriving this evening in the Berkshires. Our daughter-in-law in Kansas said that
they went from 48 degrees to 18 degrees in a couple of hours as the front moved
through the mid west the other day. Oh Joy!
I did forget that I will be outdoors on one of those cool days ringing bells
for The Salvation Army from 3 PM until 5 PM on Thursday. There will be no
precipitation, but I will still have to wear gear like I am going ice fishing.

Observation -- I had a friend who went in for the lap band procedure. After what
he went through, I will never have the procedure done unless doctors say that it
is absolutely necessary. My friend got an infection a couple of weeks after his
surgery. He spent 11 days in the hospital. While in the hospital they had to
take out his gall bladder, and he experienced a renal shutdown. Luckily he
recovered from the renal shutdown. He did spend one day on dialysis during the
11 day period. At the UNICO board meeting last evening, the President said that
this UNICO member, who is our treasurer, was back in the hospital because he was
having difficulty breathing. Hopefully he was getting discharged today. This
confirms my position on life as we get older. Enjoy every moment that you are on
earth because you never know what the future portends!
If you are wondering how old this guy is, when I was a first year teacher, he
was a senior at Pittsfield High School. Since I was 21 years old when I started
teaching, my friend must be pretty close to being 60 years old. This means that
he has a lot of life to live!

The Tiger saga continues. One of his transgressions let herself be interviewed
on the Today show on Monday. I don't see how Tiger and his wife could ever
possibly salvage their marriage after what I saw and heard during this
interview. This woman was just one of many.
While I was cleaning things in the basement on Monday, I came across a large as
life poster of Tiger. It was a poster of Tiger next to a "Buick" for which he
was a spokesperson. I want to get the poster framed, and hang it in my cellar.
The Queen said to not waste my money.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: