Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Good thing that I didn't change my appointment at the Sleep Disorders Clinic
just to watch the Patriots do battle against the New Orleans Saints. Let me say
that there is room for improvement with respect to the Patriots football team.
I was the only one at the gym today wearing a Patriot tee shirt this morning.

I showed up at the clinic, and was hooked up to electrodes, machines, etc. I
fell asleep around 10:30 PM, and had my first wake up at 1:30 AM. I had a little
trouble getting back to sleep so the attending doctor propped me on a sort
inclined foam device along with a pillow. I fell asleep with a little less
difficulty. I woke up at 5:45 AM. After the technicians removed all the wires,
and having a quick cup of coffee, I put on workout clothes and headed toward
Retro Fitness. The gym had less body builder people, and more of us baby boomer
aged people.

The inside of our house is looking a lot more like Christmas. All the indoor
wreaths, wall ornaments, and pictures have been hung in their appropriate
positions. Another day, and the inside of the house will be completed except for
the Christmas Tree. We might go searching for the perfect tree on Wednesday. We
have a new heavy duty stand to hold the perfect 6 foot tree. I say the stand is
"new" because when we went the artificial tree route a few years ago, I got rid
of all of our tree stands.

Linda didn't have a golf banquet last evening. She did enjoy the evening alone
as well as no one opening the garage door until after 7:30 AM this morning. She
is trying to figure out how she could have more of these evenings where she is
home alone for the whole television viewing part of the evening, and throughout
the whole night.

Linda has her usual Tuesday Mah Jongg session, but her heart doesn't seem to be
in it because she really wants to finish the house decorating. Not all of her
Mah Jongg friends, or friends in general get into the decorating like the
Curley's do.

Since we will be home together this evening, we decided to do a crock pot
dinner for supper. I have one of those pork loins in there now, and I have to
add some secret ingredients to make the meal complete. This is the first time
that we are trying this recipe so I will let you know how it comes out in
Wednesday's e-mail.

Observation -- We are doing a lot of work to make our house look like Christmas
both inside and out especially since our sons and their families will be here
for Christmas. Linda ache's from head to foot. Good thing that I have been
working out at the gym. I moved more buckets, climbed up and down cellars
stairs, etc., and I feel great, and I have no aches or pains. As we were pretty
much killing ourselves from 9 AM until 5 PM, Linda said that "Who is going to do
all the decorating when she has left this earth?" I suggested that when she does
meet her maker, do so after the Christmas decorating is all done. I will leave
every thing up all year round except for the Christmas tree.

Have a great Tuesday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: