Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

ear Friends,



Another day with the family has come to an end.



Kevin had me try and make a MacDonalds like breakfast sandwich which were composed of two small pancakes (which took the place of an English muffin) with maple syrup infused in them while they were cooking. In between the pancakes, I put cooked egg, and some strips of bacon. I ended up making four of the breakfast sandwiches. There were no leftovers. Luckily, I have a special pan which can make the pancakes, and eggs the same size. Now, let’s not talk about the calories that each one of these babies contained!



We didn’t make it through all of the events that were mentally planned for the day, but we did accomplish the most important tasks.

We did visit Mom in the nursing home, and we did go to my sister’s place and exchange Christmas presents.

After our visit to my sister’s place is when the events changed. Mike, Danielle, and Isabelle, and I went home for lunch of mostly leftovers. After lunch, we all settled down for an afternoon nap. Linda, Kevin, Kyla and Max went off to “Teo’s Hotdog Ranch” to hook up with some old high school friends. When they finally arrived home, they all took a nap except Linda. Linda doesn’t do naps well, so she played on the computer while the rest of the family was napping. I awoke first, and the house was so pleasantly quiet. It was just Linda and I until the masses awoke from their deep slumber.



The women never did make it shopping yesterday. The constant partying caught up with everyone. We were supposed to pick up a two foot artificial tree at Walmart for a friend yesterday, but it never happened.



Only Kevin and Kyla decided that they wanted to party on with some friends at Patrick’s Pub in the evening. The rest of us had Papa Gino’s pizza delivered. The pizza was not great. It was kind of soggy, and limp! Give me Kevin’s “Dough East Boston” pizza any day of the week.

I was fast asleep when Kevin and Kyla arrived home!



The only thing on our social calendar today is to watch the 1 PM Patriots football game, to say “Goodbye” to Kevin only at some point today, and maybe do a little sliding if there is enough snow left after the rainy evening.



I had mentioned to some friends, while we were at some Christmas parties, that wouldn’t be nice to have a “Bring your leftovers for a Patriots Party at our home” which would include bringing your family members who are still around. It would help to get rid off all those plastic containers with left over food. What didn’t get consumed would go right down the Curley garbage disposal.

I am not sure that I should have made the invitation because it would take a house overhaul to have the party. Every room in the Curley abode is filled with stuff including the basement since Kevin’s family has been sleeping on the fold out couch bed in the basement.

Maybe the invitation should have been bring leftover food for the men so we can watch football and have food available, and the women can pile in cars and go shopping after they eat a few leftovers. The men can take care of the children while we try and watch the game. We can take the children sliding during halftime.

I guess that I forgot that there is children involved who might need naps while the adults are doing their thing.

Maybe the invited guests should call first to see what is going on at the Curley’s today?



Max has been sleeping very well in the master bedroom with Linda and I each night. I think that Billy the dog was sleeping in our bed when I woke up this morning. I heard something breathing, and it wasn’t human!



I felt bad last evening for Mike and Danielle because they were working on Isabelle who was fighting sleeping in a small “pack and play” bed because she wanted to sleep in the bed in the room where the pack and play device is located. I don’t know who is sleeping where with respect to their family. I hope that they all got a good night’s sleep. When they do go back home to Kansas, one of their tasks will be to have Isabelle sleep in her own bed instead of a crib. Isabelle’s old room at home will be for the new arrival in mid May.







Well, I have to make some coffee, and start reading the Sunday newspapers. The Boston Globe has been arriving first on Sunday.

Have a great Sunday! Go Patriots! The Curley Lad

No comments: