Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

ar Friends,



We had another pleasant day on Monday. It was warm enough for Isabelle to take her last few slides in the Berkshires.

Everyone in the house has been using a good deal of tissues since we all seem to be stuffy. Kyla’s sniffles were the worse than anyone else in the house.



Today is Isabelle’s birthday. She is officially two years old today!



For lunch, we had corned beef pastrami, and an Italian stromboli. Kevin brought four from his restaurant for the holidays. We used one at a Christmas party which we were invited to, and we put three in the freezer, Yesterday, Linda cooked up two of the remaining three. They were so good. The strombolis freeze very well, and it is very easy take them from the freezer to the oven. Kevin told us what temperature and the time needed to cook them.



The boneless pork supper turned out very nice. My father joined us for supper. I picked dad up, and he spent a few quality time hours with his great grandchildren. He wasn’t at the nursing home when we all visited Mom the other day. Max and Isabelle were on their best behavior when their Great Grandpa was with them. My father was totally impressed with the great job that Mike and Danielle, and Kevin and Kyla have been doing with respect to child rearing. Linda took some super pictures of Great Grandpa and his Great grandchildren together.



Our snow plow guy woke me up at 4:30 AM. I lasted until 5:30 AM before I decided trying to get back to sleep was futile. Billy and I are the only ones up right now. I let him out for his morning constitution, and he was back to the door within one minute. The 14 degree weather and a stiff wind put a damper on his outside activities.



Mike and Danielle are pretty much packed for their trip back to Kansas today. One of my Christmas presents was a luggage scale device. It came in handy when they finished loading up their two large suitcases. The presents are another story. We will have to ship most of them to Kansas.

Departure time is at noon today. With the latest terrorist threats, they want to be at the airport at a minimum of two hours before they depart from Logan Airport.



I don’t think that there will be enough room in my car for Linda. She will be shedding her tears at our home when they depart at noon.



Kyla and Max will be staying with us in the Berkshires until Friday. At least having one grandchild with us for a few more days will help ease the pain from saying “Goodbye” to Isabelle, Mike, and Danielle.



Speaking of grandparents, we have a family meeting at 2 PM on Wednesday at the nursing home. We will be discussing how to possibly get Mom to get out of the nursing home and return her to the family home in Lee. When we visit her in the nursing home, the whole family is getting tired of Mom asking when she will be able to go back home? My mother thinks that my father and her sister Gladys (who lives next door) can help take care of her. My father at 86 and Gladys about the same age can just about manage taking care of themselves. Mike, Danielle, and Kyla saw how feeble dear old dad has become over the past couple of years. Getting up and down from a chair and climbing up and down a few steps at our house was a real challenge. Trying to get him in and out of the low to the ground Subaru just to come for dinner was a real challenge too.

Marie and I think that they both should be in the nursing home together. With 24 hour care for the both them, it would relieve the mental stress for both my sister and I.



I went to bed early with the hopes of watching Football, Hockey, and some of the Celtic game. I fell asleep in less than 5 minutes once again.



Well, I have to put on winter gear just to get the newspaper from the driveway. Baby it is cold outside right now and the current temperature might even be the high for today.

Have a great Tuesday.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad



P.S. I haven’t brought up any controversial subjects in the past few days because our focus has been on our grandchildren!

No comments: