Thursday, May 27, 2010

Dear Friends,

I completed the four tasks which I set out to do. My car is running like a top after the oil change.
In the heat and humidity, I did cut, bag grass clippings (dropped off two sets at our Resource Recovery Plant), and weed whacked three lawns on Wednesday.

Linda had a semi relaxing day before she went off to do errands, and make a grocery run.

Before I went into my man cave to watch sports, I grilled some hot dogs and hamburgers for supper. I cooked some non regional corn in my electronic pressure cooker. The corn was the only negative of the meal. I can’t wait for the local corn growers to start producing and selling their corn.

The heat and humidity is nothing but a memory. A thunder storm rolled in last night, and took away the almost unbearable weather. We will reach the middle 70’s today with no humidity. I have all the windows of the first floor open, and the fresh and crisp air is wonderful.

Sports – The Celtics looked awful last evening. I hope that they don’t become the first team that has a 3 to 0 lead in the playoffs, and then lose the series.
The Red Sox swept the division leading Rays. The Sox are looking good in all departments, pitching, hitting, fielding, etc.

Social Calendar – I am working another one of those Pasta Fund Raisers today at the Italian American Club. I have to report at 3 PM. I am not sure if Linda is socially engaged. I am going to start the day doing some stuff at the family home in Lee. I will visit Mom on the way home from visiting with my Dad.

Our flowers are doing very well. The rain last evening saved me the task of watering them today.

Observation – The weekend is almost upon us. I was thinking of what Memorial Day means to me. As a baby boomer with no military service, but with Uncles who fought in World War II, a brother who died of a service connected disability after the Vietnam War came to a close, a nephew who spent four years as a Marine before leaving with a disability, a daughter-in-law who flew her A-10 in combat in Iraq, a son who flew combat missions in his A-10 in Kosovo, and who is still in the military, and all my friends in the clubs which I belong to who spent time in war zones, or the military in general, and several of my high school classmates who died on foreign soil. I say “Thank You” from the bottom of my heart. The life that Linda and I are currently enjoying would not have happened without all the sacrifices that you have made.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores before I head off to Lee.
Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: