Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hello on Wednesday morning

Dear Friends,

I went to bed a happy man last evening. The Red Sox beat the team leading their division. This is the second Red Sox pitcher in the past couple if days who threw a one hitter against their opponents.

I almost forgot that Wednesday is out trash pick up day. I should be the only busy person in our house today. I am really going to try and not involve Linda in any of my projects. She needs to have an “alone day” for sure.

There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed as well as being in your own surroundings. It doesn’t matter whether we leave the house for short or long periods of time, “There is no place like home!”

I have all the windows in the main floor of the house open so that all the cool air will chill down the house. As soon as I detect a slight heating up of the atmosphere, I will shut all the windows. We had the all the air conditioners in the bedrooms working as soon as we arrived home from our weekend adventure. We should be pushing the 90 degree mark before this day is over. We can’t wait for the cold front to zoom in and take the high heat and humidity away which is predicted to happen on the weekend.

Oil Spill – This has to be one of the worst natural disasters that I have seen during my life time. I hope the next attempt at plugging up the well works. Every time I listen to a person who makes their livelihood from the gulf waters, I can feel their pain.
One friend was watching a program of an oil spill that occurred in Buzzards Bay on Cape Cod which occurred in 1969. The effects of the spill are still evident over 40 years later.
We won’t have to wait for any war to destroy this precious place we call earth, we seem to be destroying the earth over time.

Grandchildren – Everyone is doing fine in the Curley family. All of our friends who have grandchildren are also experiencing the “Life is Good” concept in their lives.
Our next bonding with the grandchildren takes place during the second week of June, We have a baby sitting gig in North Tewksbury. It will be a week long affair. Linda and I are deciding whether we should spend half the time with Max in the Berkshires. On the other hand, Kevin and Kyla have central air conditioning. We experienced how wonderful that was this past weekend. Linda and I are not part of the crowd who has to have the house at 75 degrees or higher all year round.

The hot dogs were good last night. I ate my two in my “man cave” as I watching the Red Sox game. I got the feeling that I was at the ball game. I must admit that it was too hot to cook them on the grill. Let me rephrase that, I was too lazy to do so. Linda microwaved them before we put on our favorite condiments. My favorite condiments on a hot dog are mustard, ketchup, and relish.

Well, I have to grab a cup of coffee, and read the local newspaper before I start any quiet activities.
Have a great rest of the week.
Enjoy Memorial Day weekend especially if you have some time off.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: