Monday, May 10, 2010

Hello on Monday morning

Dear Friends,



Hope that your Mother’s Day went as planned. Our two sons called to wish Linda a “Happy Mother’s Day!”

Our day went exactly as we had planned.



We went off to the breakfast at the Italian American club which was okay, but not great.

We went from the Italian American Club to visit my mother in the nursing home. I wanted to stop in and see another friend who is there, but her daughter and son-in-law brought her to their home for Mother’s Day.



Dad was at the nursing home when we arrived and he had lunch with her as we were leaving the nursing home. Also, dad told me that the discussion about having Mom being able to leave the nursing home, and go back home has ended. The home health care supervisor and the case worker for my parents convinced my father that it wasn’t feasible to do so. Oh Darn!



In between our kind of chill day, I was able to watch the Celtics win their game, and the final round of a professional golf tournament. The South African, who eventually won the tournament, has won $14.7 million dollars, but yesterday was his first win of a major tournament in the United States.

Tiger Woods dropped out of the tournament on the 7th hole. He is guessing that a bulging disk might be causing his back pain. The bulging in a different area of his body started his downfall.



We did leave the house at 7:30 PM to hook up with our godchild whom we haven’t seen since last October. She heads back west on Tuesday. She will be a mountain climbing instructor for the duration of the summer. She spent the winter as a Ski Patrol person on some big mountains out west. I think that she was working on getting certified as an EMT too.



It is a balmy 33 degrees as I start this e-mail. We are supposed to have a day of sunshine, but the breezy weather will make for wind chills in the mid forty ranges.

Monday is Linda’s golf day with her girlfriends. When they tee off at 3:30 PM, the wind chill temperature will be 45 degrees. I am not sure that golf would be on my mind with temperatures like this. We have freeze warnings for this evening.



I would like to cut the lawn, but I refuse to get dressed up in a winter coat, hat, and gloves to cut the lawn.

I have a UNICO Board meeting at 6 PM.



We do have the heat on. Linda got a chill yesterday which she couldn’t get rid of. She had the first floor part of the house cranked up to over 70 degrees, and she was still cold. I wore a turtle neck all day long to retain body heat as I watched my sporting contests in the man cave. Yes, I turned the heat on in my man cave so that I could comfortably watch the games.



It was nice to see the Boston teams rebound from their losses of the other day. The Celtics won their contest, and the Red Sox last night finally were able to beat the Yankees. The old adage of “good pitching can beat good hitting” really came true in last night’s game. The Boston Bruins had the day off, but their playoff games resume tonight. I also have the Red Sox game on at the same time, but on a different channel. The remote control will get a workout this evening.



Politics – I see that our President is going to nominate a Jewish born 50 year old female for the Supreme Court. There was no mention of her sexuality in the articles which I read about her. The Republicans don’t seem to find fault with her right now, but she will still have to go through the hearings process. She has worked for Democrats in the past, but she does have conservative tendencies.



More pictures of our grandchild Gabe are coming over the internet from Mike and Danielle. Linda is trying to figure out how to get them on a flash drive so that she can print them using the CVS machines. She wants to add them to her Grandmother’s album which she carries in her pocketbook. Yesterday, we did give my mother and father some up to date pictures of Max, and Isabelle. The next will be pictures of our grandson Gabriel.



Well, I have to grab a second cup of coffee, and read the local newspaper.

Have a great week at work or play.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: