Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Monday went as planned except for a few changes throughout the day.

My day started with the first change, but I initiated this change. I called the dentist to see if I was supposed to come in for my routine 6 month check up and cleaning since the date had been changed. The receptionist said that my appointment was for Tuesday, and not Monday. The receptionist said that she just received a cancellation, and asked if I could go in on Monday instead of Tuesday. I jumped at the chance to do so.
I almost made it through the check up with the dentist finding no problem teeth. He was on the last phase of the procedure, and he found a chip in the filling for one of my teeth. Well, I am keeping my originally scheduled Tuesday appointment, and the dentist is going to redo the damaged filling. The question is do I get a shot of Novocain, or do I just grip the handles of the dentist’s chair?

I did go to the family home after the dentist visit to cut the postage size grass, and to do some house work and to bond with my father.
A little before noon, I headed off to visit with Mom in the nursing home. I was there just as her lunch arrived. After an hour visit, I went home to take a nap in preparation for the three sporting events that I was planning on watching in my man cave on Monday night.

I did go to bed a happy Boston Sports fan. My Red Sox, Boston Celtics, and Boston Bruins all won their games.

Linda did enjoy her several hours of me out of the house, but she did say that the world wanted to talk to her. This means that other people kept her from her stress free day. While I was napping, she did weave in a couple of recreational shopping hours before heading off to golf with her lady friends. While I was napping, I even missed a brief, but intense rain shower. I never heard a drop of rain fall.
She came home happy from her golf adventure. There were only five women so they played in a five some. Some of the women were playing with new and “cute” colored golf clubs and golf bags. I think that it is time for Linda to get a new set of clubs so that she too can make a fashion statement. Isn’t it so appropriate that Mother’s Day is just a few days away?

It is my turn to play golf today. I am teeing off at 11:04 AM with a couple of friends.

Linda has her usual 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM Tuesday Mah Jongg session at a friends home.

There is a Polenta Dinner at the Italian American Club this evening, but Linda and I are a bit tired of Polenta Dinners since we went to so many this past winter season, or I helped in the kitchen for some of those Polenta dinners. I will most likely cook something on the grill for supper. It might be just dogs, and burgers, or a juicy steak. In the summer time, we have a tendency to eat later.

Weather – One day I am putting in air conditioners, and the next day I don’t even need them. Last night, a couple of open windows made for a pleasant and restful evening.

News – It was good to see that they do have a suspect in the Times Square bombing incident.
The rains and flooding in the Southeast are doing a great deal of damage.
The continuous oil spill in the Gulf Coast is wreaking havoc. Do you think that proponents of off shore drilling might be rethinking the urge to keep drilling for oil?
We are already paying the price for the oil spill. The price of shrimp (and cat fish) is already starting to rise since we get half of our shrimp from the Gulf Coast region. Gasoline is nearing the $3 a gallon mark just as the summer approaches.

Politics – President Obama can do stand up comedy when he leaves the Whitehouse.

The good news is that Curley world is doing fine even though the rest of the world is in turmoil.

Have a great Tuesday.
Think Positive, and your life will be a little brighter.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

P.S. Happy Birthday Jerry Brodeur! You are still a youngster even though you are now 63 years old!

No comments: