Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends

My golf went okay on Friday. I did break 100 but I must admit it was playing from the senior tees. Even though my score wasn’t great, my ball striking is improving.
The gloomy start to the day kept many people off the golf course. We only had a threesome, and a foursome. We normally have at least 4 foursomes.

While I was doing my thing, I thought that Linda was enjoying her multiple hours alone. Not! She caught a stomach bug and felt sick for most of the day. I did take my nap after golf, but I woke up to a still sick woman. She didn’t rally until I was in the middle of watching the Bruins and the Red Sox but it was too late to go out.

The Bruins got knocked out of the playoffs after leading the series by a 3 games to 1 margin. If they did win, they were going to play the Montreal Canadians next. This team gave them trouble during the regular season.

The Red Sox won their opening game against the Tigers. Big Papi hit two home runs. Could he be making a comeback?

Today is the annual Collection of Electronics for Pittsfield Residents only. Most electronics are free except for televisions. Televisions can be dropped off at a fee of $10 each. I have two sitting in my garage right now. I will be at the doors of the City yards at 9 AM!

If Linda is feeling healthy, we will be heading off to a yarn sale at Webs of Northampton. She tried finding a girlfriend to go with, but not too many of her friends are knitters. Oh Darn!
The yarn sale is normally dominated by women! There are a few men who attend, and they are knitters too. Linda always asked me if I want to learn how to knit, but so far knitting hasn’t peaked my interest.
Also, how could I eat a bowl full of snack food, drink beverages, and knit at the same time as I am watching a sporting contest. I am not good at multi-tasking!

The wind is blowing quite strongly right now and that will keep the temperatures down for today. Sunday is supposed to be the best day of the weekend.

Well, I am going to get dressed, and load up the car with all the disposable electronics items that I can find in the house.
I don’t know if I could do this quietly but it has to be done.

Have a great Saturday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: