Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hello on Saturday evening

Dear Friends,

I normally don’t write my blog at nighttime, but I am sitting here alone waiting for the electronic pressure cooker to finish cooking some Country Style Ribs. I found yet another stray package in the freezer in the garage. I was going to cook something else on the grill, but my body aches from the planting that Linda and I did today.

The planting did have an interruption. I had to leave the home a little before 9 AM to dispose of two televisions, and two toaster ovens. Well, the people involved with the collection of electronic / electrical goods didn’t anticipate the huge number of Pittsfield residents that wanted to dispose of these types of items. I waited in line for over an hour before the workers opened my trunk, and took out my items. Unknown to me, my brother-in-law was in a borrowed truck which was three vehicles behind me.
When I left the city yards, the traffic was backed up for over two miles. Linda couldn’t believe that I had the patience to be in that long and slow line. She had to stop planting because she couldn’t lift the large bags of potting soil. Our planting is a two person job.
All six flower boxes on the deck have been done. The herb pot, and three flower pots on the deck were also done. The flower boxes on the storage shed are done. Four barrels in the front yard as well as a pot on the front steps are done. We have three barrels in the back yard to do, and then the flower planting will be complete. Keeping them alive all summer is my job. We both needed some 800 milligram Motrin to help us get through the evening.

Linda left the house a little after 5 PM for her silent auction, hospice fund raiser at the Crowne Plaza. There is a “Dancing with the Stars” performance after the cocktail hour and meal. Some local people will be dancing including Linda Ruberto, a breast cancer survivor, who secured two tables of her friends which include my Linda.

Sports – Our local newspaper said that the Red Sox will not be broadcast on our Warner Cable. Since we are in the Albany market, and not Boston market, Time Warner will be showing the Yankee / Met Game. I am hoping that our newspaper was incorrect.
I do have the Celtics coming on at 8:30 PM so I at least have some sporting contest to watch. I will have to listen to the Red Sox Game on radio.

Have to go!
I hear the pressure cooker beeping. I have to shut off the device, and let the pressure release naturally. I can’t wait for the fall off of the bone ribs. I am skipping the well balanced meal. I am a carnivore this evening.
Have a great Saturday evening!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: