Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Evening

Dear Friends,



We had a 2.5 day adventure to the other end of the State. When I had access to a computer, I was too tired to get on it.



My last e-mail said that we were going to have a cookout in North Tewksbury which we did have on Sunday night.



The trip had two fold purposes. The first was to visit with our son and his family (grandchild Max) as well as visiting with the Brodeur’s who live one street away. The second was to give moral support to a friend who needed some cardiac work done at Beth Israel Medical Center. We were using the Brodeur Bed and Breakfast as our home base. It is a 35 minute ride from North Tewksbury to Beth Israel if the traffic is without any delays.

Our friend had three stents put in on Monday morning, and was discharged by 11 AM today. Linda, me, and our friend’s wife picked him up at 11 AM, and we headed back home, with one food stop on the Mass Pike.



I took an1.5 hour nap as soon as I got home. Linda caught up on her e-mail was I was napping.



The Sunday evening picnic went well at our son’s home on Sunday night with just one bump along the road. I was grilling vegetables while some of the part goers were socializing when some people dropped off a pit bull at Kevin and Kyla’s home. These people found the pit bull wandering on Route 3. They saw the dog tags had Kevin and Kyla’s street address on them. They dropped the dog off at Kevin and Kyla’s doorstep. This dog belonged to the previous owner of Kevin and Kyla’s house. The previous owners failed to change the dog tags when they moved to their new home. Now, you would think that this is a nice gesture on the part of total strangers. Well, it turned into a nightmare from our perspective. The pit bull went after Kevin and Kyla’s long hair dachshund. Kevin took the wayward dog in their house, and the pit bull started attacking their dog. Kyla picked up Frankie Beans as the pit bull is chopping on the dachshund leg, and she takes him out on the deck where I was grilling. Kevin contained the pit bull, and kept him in the house, while their two dogs were eventually kept outside. The dachshund was not hurt during the whole incident, but that is because Kevin and Kyla intervened.

I just kept on grilling through all the confusion. I did have to fix the screen door mounted on the sliding glass doors onto the deck where I was cooking. The pit bull knocked the door completely off the track as he was trying to get the dachshund. I must have to tell you that the pit bull didn’t attack humans. He was not a threat to any party goers. After I saw the pit bull attack Frankie Beans, I started to worry that the dog might attack our grandchild. Not!

A neighbor heard all the commotion, and Kevin and Kyla explained what happened. She had the telephone number of the previous owner and called them. They picked up their dog within 20 minutes.

During the whole confusing time, Kevin and Kyla were like the “Dog Whisperers” They remained calm after assessing the situation. I was thinking that if the incident happened at my house, I would have called 911. I also had thoughts of getting one of my hunting devices, and taking the dog’s life. This approach was the farthest thing from Kevin and Kyla’s mind.

The beef, and cooked vegetables were a big hit when we eventually decided to eat.



Linda wants Wednesday to be one of those days where she just wants to be left alone.

I do have an 8 AM oil change appointment on Wednesday. I have to cut our lawn, and my neighbor’s, who takes care of our place when we are out of town.



We will be kind of hot for the next couple of days, but a cool front is supposed to make the temperatures drop into the seventies with no humidity for the holiday weekend.

We have no plans for the moment. One of our friends usually tries to find one day for a cookout. Kevin has several days off, and we did invite them to come to the Berkshires for the weekend, but I think that they were leaning toward a Cape Cod experience. Whatever happens, we retirees are totally flexible.



Observation – I just watched an article on the local news channel. They showed hot dogs on a bun. I thought that they were going to talk about the not so good stuff that a hot dog is composed of. I was waiting for a report from the FDA describing how non heart healthy hot dogs really are. The only thing the report discussed was about hot dogs being bad with respect to choking. The Curley’s are having hot dogs for supper this evening. We usually consume Hebrew National Beef Hotdogs.



Linda has her DVR recorded programs to watch this evening. I have a Red Sox game which starts at 7 P.M.



Speaking of Linda’s programs, she entered a random pool of one of her favorite shows. Her person won, and 15 people will be sending her a gift. I think the pool group is composed of people who knit. Linda is very happy because during the last few pools her randomly chosen person always seems to come in second place.



Have fun during the remaining time left for this day.

I am getting ready to watch my sporting contest.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: