Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned. I was working in the garage trying to straighten things up, cut up card board boxes, consolidate stuff in those 40+ -- 18 gallon Rubber Maid buckets as Linda headed out the door to Mah Jongg. After several hours of working in the garage, I decided that the garage didn’t look much different than when I started the project. I did need an hour nap before going off to see Mom in the nursing home.

As I entered the nursing home, dad was leaving the place. He was still talking about the GPS system that my sister was using on their trip to Mass General in Boston the day before.
Mom was in good spirits. She said that I needed a haircut. She also said that I haven’t visited her lately. For some reason she can always remember things like this, but then she will forget that my father goes there twice a day, and my sister goes there several times per week. There must be a bond between a mother and her first born, especially since I almost killed her during childbirth. Being a breech (butt first instead of head first) born baby kept her and I in the hospital for a month after I was born.
Yesterday, I showed her a couple of notes and letters that my Aunt Lil ( 88 years old on May 2, 2010) had sent Linda and I. She enjoyed reading them very much. It took her several times to read and comprehend the letters. She was really impressed by the beautiful handwriting. The Palmer Method of writing was something that many of us learned and can never forget by way of the nuns.
A couple days ago we brought pictures of two of the grandchildren. Yesterday, I brought a picture of Gabriel. She kissed the picture of him. I wish that we could have all of our grandchildren living close to their great grandmother. Dear Old Mom just enjoys seeing and holding all the little ones.

Sports – I did stay up and watch the Red Sox and Celtics win their respective contests. They both kept me up until after midnight. When you are retired, staying up late doesn’t appear to be a problem.

Social Calendar – I have to pick up a 10 pound box of Irish Bangers for tomorrow night’s Third Thursday. I purchase the Bangers at an Italian Market.
We have a date today, and we are going to the Beacon Cinema today for a 1 PM showing of Robin Hood. We will probably do a late lunch.

I think that Linda is hosting a Mah Jongg session this evening with the usual suspects.

I have the Red Sox to keep me entertained. They have a two game series at home with the Minnesota Twins.

Politics – Like I said the other day, if you are an incumbent, you will most likely not be re-elected. I made this comment before it hit the CNN newswire. Could they be reading my blog?

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: