Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned.

My UNICO brothers and sisters and I served over 300 people at the Italian American Club last evening. Since the main floor legally holds 150 people (Yeah Right!), people were eating downstairs in the member bar area, and outdoors on several picnic tables next to the BOCCE courts. I left before they said how much they made for the Relay for Life team, but it had to be some serious money. Since this is the first one for this team, I would imagine we will do a repeat performance next year.

While I was doing my thing, Linda did a little recreational shopping, and ordered Chinese food for her supper. She is trying to catch up on all her DVR recorded programs.

The neighbor across the street and Linda bonded for a while yesterday. The female neighbor told Linda exactly why they were selling their home, and what their future plans are. Essentially they bought a home in Florida, and they are purchasing a Condo in Maine in the area where one of her children and the grandchildren live.

Social Calendar – I have golf with the seniors at 8:30 AM. Linda has her once a month retiree breakfast at 8:30 AM, and then she is off to a body maintenance procedure. I will most likely take a nap after golf.
This evening, we are going to Berkshire Hills Country Clu for supper. There is some kind of special menu for tonight. I believe we are supposed to go with several couples. Of course, we are flexible, and these plans can change in a heart beat.

Sports – I did come home in time to catch the last few innings of the Red Sox game. I can’t believe that they got beat by the Kansas City Royals at home in Fenway. Oh Darn! They play the Royals three more times this weekend.

Observation – Every day, I read a section of the local newspaper called “Lost and Found”. There are the usual lost dogs, and cats, missing bikes, lost sentimental jewelry, etc. I have seen this somewhat weird one for the past few days. This is exactly how it reads “Found, Suicide Prevention Manual with losing lottery ticket inside. Book is titled “I can’t take it anymore.” Please call to claim.” The telephone number is listed. I hope the person who lost it does make the call because I am guessing that the person may no longer be with us.
Also if the person in question kept themselves busy like me doing my volunteer work, they would come home so tired that suicide would be the last thing on their minds. I still ache this morning, and my body required an 800 milligram Motrin to start this day.

I almost forgot to mention that I came home from the fundraiser with a “to go” container of diced / minced garlic. We made a batch of garlic bread at the fund raiser, and there was some leftover garlic. I walked in the house, and Linda almost jumped out of her seat on the couch in the family room. The smell of the fresh garlic permeated the whole house. I put the garlic in a jar and put some oil in the jar and put it in the refrigerator. Linda was afraid that the refrigerator was going to smell like garlic. I smelled like garlic. Everything I touched smelled like garlic, I had to take a shower to get the garlic off of my body, but I still smelled like garlic. Linda asked me if I do these things just to drive her crazy. I told her that I hate to see anything go to waste.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, do some quiet chores, and select my golf wardrobe.
The dew point is low, and we will be in the lower 70’s today.
Have a great weekend!
Take time to enjoy it with family and friends!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: