Friday, May 14, 2010

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends

Our Thursday went as planned except for me not going out in the evening. I got caught up in the Celtic game which ended at 11 PM, and of course there was the post game show.

Linda had a relaxing day after her appointment. She enjoyed herself even more when I went off for my afternoon nap.

Linda had fun at her all girl function on Thursday evening. She returned home around 9:30 PM.

I have golf with the seniors in a couple of hours. I think that Linda has nothing on her social calendar. She will have at least 5 or 6 hours to move at her own pace.

We are going to get a warm up over the next few days. Maybe summer like weather is finally returning to the Berkshires. I just want to be able to shut off the heat one of these days.

There isn’t much happening in the local news as well as what is going on in our nation and the world in general.
The oil spill continues in the Gulf. The experts are still trying to figure out how to deal with the leak.

They finally showed a picture of the guy who calls himself “Lord Jesus Christ!” He looks like a person of color with extremely braided hair. He has so much hair that you can hardly see his face, He doesn’t look anything close to what we would call normal. My military son says that he is just another “Masshole!”

While puttering around yesterday, and loading up my car with all my golf paraphernalia, I noticed that my golf shoes could do with some new spikes. I was going to go to Walmart, and purchase some replacement spikes, and do the job myself. I then remembered that my club would do the job for $10 per pair of shoes. Now you might think that this is a waste of money. Not! The replacement spikes that I like cost about $10 per set, so I decided to let the guys in our pro shop do the job.

I mentioned the Celtics in my first paragraph. They did knock out the Cleveland team from the playoffs. The word is that the Cleveland coach will be fired. Lebron James will be a free agent, and the MVP Player of the year might be getting out of Cleveland.
I have the Red Sox and Boston Bruins to watch this evening. The Bruins are down to the deciding game. They have to win to move on to the next round. It will be a home game for them. The Red Sox are heading to Detroit. The Tigers beat the Yankees three out of four games. I hope good Red Sox pitching stops this hot team tonight.

I used the electronic pressure cooker again last evening. I am really getting to like this device. Since they were serving pizza at Linda’s party, I decided to cook a small batch of country style ribs. I mixed some jar bought barbecue sauce with some “Red Hot”, and lathered both sides of the ribs. I used a ½ cup of white wine for the required liquid. In 40 minutes I had the tenderest / fall off the bone ribs that you could imagine.

I think that we might be heading off to the Berkshire Hills Country Club this evening for some food, fun, and merriment.

Have a great weekend!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: