Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Hope that your Wednesday went well.

Linda and I had a very pleasant day even though her Mah Jongg session was cancelled last evening. One of the ladies had a family emergency, and another friend wasn’t available to fill in for that person.

We did go off to see Robin Hood at the Beacon Cinema. Linda and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It wasn’t exactly they way Errol Flynn portrayed Robin Hood in those old black and white movies, but we thought the movie was a winner. The movie also ended so that a sequel is in the making. Linda and I can’t wait!

After the movie, we went off to Guido’s, and picked up the 10 pounds of Irish Bangers for today’s Third Thursday. The weather is going to be great with no chance of rain. A couple of us will be setting up at 3:45 PM but the actual event goes from 5 PM until 8 PM. After the event is over, we are going off to Patrick’s Pub to listen to some Irish Music, and for some food, fun, and merriment.

The “We” doesn’t include Linda. She has a book club / dinner meeting which begins at 6 PM.

If any of my local e-mail recipients want to say “Hello” to me and my other Pittsfield Irish Sister Members working the event we are located diagonally across from the Pittsfield YMCA in front of Pasko Gift & Frame Shop. Pasko Frame and Gift is located about a block from the main stage. Pasko’s is owned by one of our Irish Sister City members.
We are going to have live entertainment at Pasko Gift & Frame. Cam Collins, a local guy who grew up in Pittsfield, will be playing and singing music right in front of our booth, and grill.

After picking up the Bangers we did a little recreational shopping at Home Goods, and T.J. Maxx. We were in search of plastic glasses. For some reason, I can’t find last years set of glasses. I have spent two days looking for them, and I just can’t find them. Maybe I threw them out when we had a problem with water in our cellar. In my search in the storage room, I did find a set of plastic Margarita glasses. Maybe this was a subliminal message that Margarita glasses are more important than water glasses.

After the recreational shopping, we decided to dine at the East Café. It was homemade pasta night. There is only one more Wednesday left before they take this item off of their menu for the summer.

Politics – I was thinking about the illegal immigrant issue. Maybe we should make Mexico, and Puerto Rico the 51st, and 52nd states. We can also make Canada our 53rd state.

Sports – Yes, I did go home after supper, and watch the Red Sox game. When it gets to the later innings, us fans are always on the edge of our seats. When the Sox have any type lead going into the ninth inning, there is no guarantee that the relievers can hold the lead. They had a two run lead going into the top of the ninth inning. Luckily the Sox escaped by winning by a single run. I went to be a happy man. There is another Sox game this evening. I will have to watch the last few innings at Patrick’s Pub. Oh Well!

Some of the readers have been asking about our son’s family who live in Kansas because of the daily report / warnings of tornados. Fort Leavenworth is Northwest of Kansas City, and luckily that region hasn’t been hit. They do have a place in their house where they can go if they do have a severe threat. They are in a region that has multi acre farms with cattle, and or horses. They do live is a housing development which was once farm land.
This is another reason that I think that the Berkshires are a great place to live. Our greatest threat is worrying about the weeds that grow in my flower beds after a couple days of rain.

Observation – We get our grocery store fliers in our local newspaper. The price of beef has been going up so much that the stores are trying to rename cuts of meat. One advertisement got me so confused that I couldn’t understand what the grocery store was trying to get me to purchase. Could somebody tell me what “Boneless sirloin tip London broil” is at $3.49 per pound.
Linda bought some meat the other day that had the word “sirloin” in it. When we grilled it on the George Foreman Grill because it was raining outside, it turned out so tough that I even had thoughts of going vegetarian.

I did go off to Retro Fitness this morning. I was with the 4:30 AM crowd.

Well, I have to get to some quiet chores which don’t involve Linda. I have to dig up the tulips since their flowers have all fallen off.
I will then gather up all my material for today’s Third Thursday. My car will be filled up with so much stuff that even if Linda could attend the event she would have to take her own car.
Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: