Monday, May 3, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

When I went out the door to Retro Fitness, the air that hit me had me questioning whether I was in Mexico or not.
I did get a late start. The air conditioner that I installed in two of three bedrooms made it very comfortable to get a good night’s sleep, but I did sleep past the 4:30 AM opening time at the gym. There were a few distractions just because I was 30 minutes later than normal.

On Sunday, I did a few things around the house before settling down to take an afternoon nap, and eventually watch the Red Sox be swept by the last place Baltimore Orioles’ team.
The best sporting contest of the day was watching a soon to be 21 year old win his first American Professional Golf Tournament in the United States. This freckled kid from Ireland shot a record breaking 62 on the final day of the tournament. He was four strokes better than the nearest competitor who happened to be Phil Mickelson.

Continuing on with the sports’ teams theme, I will be in my man cave this evening watching the Red Sox, Boston Celtics, and Boston Bruins all do battle. I will have to do a series of hand exercises earlier in the day so that I won’t get cramps working the remote control.

I have to do a couple of errands today, and then I am going to try and see both parents also – Mom at the nursing home, and dad at the family home in Lee.

Linda gave me strict instructions not to bug her at all today. She wants me to be invisible. She doesn’t want to become engaged in any of my activities.

Did I bug her on Sunday? The answer is yes! While she was reading the local newspaper, and I was upstairs preparing my body for the day’s activities, I had a load of clothes in the washing machine. The clothes must have been imbalanced, and the washing machine started jumping around, and clunking in the laundry room. Linda had to stop reading her newspaper, and tend to my clothes.

I decided that I should probably leave the house so that she could enjoy finishing reading the two Sunday newspapers. I headed off to Home Depot to find some kind of way to hide wires coming from the surround sound system from the television in the family room. Disruption number two occurred as I tried to install some wire covers. Linda had to stop reading the newspapers, and assist me with the installation. Once again my project became her project. I tried to ease her pain by saying that she was the one who got tired of the loose wires dangling from around the door frame of the sliding glass doors of the deck. When the project was done, she did like how the wires became pretty much invisible.

After lunch, I decided to take a power nap. Linda decided that she need to do a little recreational shopping as well as doing some grocery shopping. We were pretty much out of everything because we left the refrigerator empty knowing that we would be away for over a week.

I am not socially engaged today, but Linda is. She is going to start up her late Monday golf with some girlfriends at a nine hole golf course almost across the street from my golf course.

On Sunday, it was the usual news across the nation. The oil spill, excessive rains down south, car bomb in New York City, water main break in Boston, immigrants protesting in Arizona because the police want to be able to ask for a person’s I.D. if the need arises, etc. dominated the headlines. Maybe it was better when we were in Mexico to not have access to what is going on in the world.
With respect to the illegal immigrants, make them all American citizens, and get them paying taxes like the rest of us.

Well, have a great day at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: