Monday, May 17, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Sunday went pretty much as planned. I gave the lawn a trim. I tried to do so without using the grass clipping catcher on the riding lawn mower. I had to hook up the grass catcher and redo the lawn because the lawn had ugly piles of grass clippings on it. Was it worth the effort? Yes it was! When Linda came home from some recreational shopping, and short stop at the grocery store, she said that the lawn looked good.
I did some other things around the outside of the house before settling down to watch the Red Sox in the screened room on the deck. It actually got so cool sitting there that I did my sports watching in the family room.

Linda had fun shopping with her girlfriend, but she came home not feeling well. She still has some kind of bug that makes her feel nauseous every couple of days. We were going to have steak, baked sweet potato and a vegetable, but she walked in the door from her afternoon adventure with an upset stomach.
I found the last of some country style ribs in the freezer. I thawed them out in a microwave and cooked them in my electronic pressure cooker. I used the word “my” because I am the only one who has used the device since we got it as a Christmas gift. I am really starting to love using it. This is another one of those devices which are great for busy people. I could very easily sell this device on a show like QVC!

I did go off to Retro Fitness with the 4:30 AM crowd. Actually, there is no crowd at 4:30 AM which is the way I like it!

My sister and father are leaving Lee for Mass General in Boston today. They should be on the road right now. My father is going in for a consultation for some face pain that he has been having. Pills haven’t been solving the problem. I had the thought of going in with them, and stopping at Kevin’s place for lunch, but my father just wants to go straight home after the 10:15 AM appointment. I will most likely go the next time if some kind of procedure has to be done.

Social Calendar – Linda has golf this afternoon with her girlfriends. They tee off at 3:30 PM. The weather is going to be great and there is no chance of rain.
I have golf at 1 PM with my UNICO brothers and sisters followed by a 6 PM UNICO meeting. The golf and meeting takes place at the Skyline Country Club. I really didn’t sign up to play golf because I was toying with the idea of going to Mass General with my father and sister.

Sports – I did watch most of the Red Sox game but I switched over the Celtic game when I had the feeling that the Sox had no chance of winning. At least the Celtics were victorious. Last night I had no sports to watch so I started reading another book.

Politics – If you are an incumbent at any level of government, and if you are running to retain your office, you might be in a bit of trouble. The incumbent is being blamed for al the ills in our country. I watched an interview on television last evening. A Republican Bob Bennett lost his job, and during the interview, he said that he didn’t vote for any of the President’s proposals. People are not listening, they just want the incumbent out of office whether they are a Democrat or a Republican.

One of my e-mail recipients has plans to head to Europe on Wednesday. He is supposed to travel to London, Paris, and Ireland. I know that England and Ireland has their airports closed as of this morning. I hope that this doesn’t become a “pain the ash” for his travel plans!

Grandchildren – All the grandkids are doing just fine. Everyone is healthy for the most part. We will be seeing Max in early June because we have a babysitting gig for a whole week. Linda is searching for inexpensive flights to Kansas so that we can see Isabelle and the newborn Gabriel. During her search so far, the flights have been out of our price range.

I have to grab something healthy for breakfast. My first task of the day is to take the several bags of grass clippings to the recovery plant which seemed to be closed last week.
I think that Linda wants to be left alone until she leaves for golf this afternoon.

Have a great week at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: