Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Monday went as planned.
Linda had fun with her girlfriends on the course yesterday afternoon.
My UNICO meeting also went well. We voted in a new slate of officers. I got elected to the board of officers. I wasn’t going to run for anything, but Linda said that it is one of the organizations which I belong to where she really likes the people, and what they do as far as community projects, etc..

Linda is off to a friend’s house for their 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM Mah Jongg session today.
I am going to visit Mom in the nursing home while Linda is doing her thing.

While at the nursing home, I might run into a friend and his sister who will be celebrating their Aunt’s 93rd birthday. Every time that I go in the place I think about the many people who reside there, but have no family members who ever visit them. Yes there are some people in the place who have no family to possibly spend time with them.

My sister and father had a good trip to Mass General on Monday (it was a long day for my father). My father and sister are going back on Friday for pre op stuff for day surgery which will take place in a couple of weeks. We will be baby sitting Max in North Tewksbury on the day of the procedure, so I will see if I can hook up with them on that day.
When I chatted with my father, and asked him how the day went, he couldn’t stop talking about the Garmin GPS system which my sister purchased over the weekend. He liked it when my sister made an incorrect turn, and the device made a correction, and got them to Mass General in time for the appointment. When you are driving on the streets in Boston, a GPS system is a necessity if you are unfamiliar with the road ways in the city. You often can see the building that you want to go, but a series of one way streets can take you miles out of your way.

I went to bed last night with the Red Sox leading the Yankees by a two run margin as I put the radio on in sleep mode. Good thing that I fell asleep before the game ended. The Red Sox must have given up a run in one of these last two innings before the Red Sox closer gave up a two run homer with two out in the bottom of the ninth. I am not sure if I can go much longer saying that “it is still early in the season.” I am already in panic mode. The Red Sox have weakness in the starting rotation, and their bullpen has several weak spots.

I have a Celtic game to keep me entertained this evening.

I woke so early this morning that I am going back to bed after sending this e-mail. If I go off to Retro Fitness today, it will be with the beautiful people.

Have a great Tuesday.
The rains don’t arrive until this evening and into a portion of the day on Wednesday for us in the Berkshires.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: