Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello on Wednesday morning

Dear Friends,

We had another pleasant day on Tuesday. I did my lawn thing before the Mah Jongg ladies arrived for lunch at 11:30 PM. They all liked Linda’s chicken and vegetable Crock Pot Soup. I dined with the ladies before I went off for an afternoon nap.

We went off to Matt Reilly’s for some fish and chips before our 6 PM Irish Sister City Meeting. After the meeting, I dropped Linda off at home, and I went off to a sports bar which was having a fund raiser for military personnel returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. The Pittsfield Fire Department acted as celebrity bartenders for the 6 PM until 10 PM event. Since we had a short Sister Meeting, many of us went from the meeting to the bar.
The place was still hopping when I left the place at 11 PM. I knew it was time to go when I got up to go the bathroom, and the waitress took my full bottle of beer thinking that I had left the place.
There were some interesting happenings during the evening. I saw my first female butt crack while out in public (and not at a beach). There were a whole bunch of young women in the mid 20 year old range. This particular female had on a pair of those hip hugger jeans. She was dancing in a space between the booth that my friends and I were in, and the bar. At first, I thought that she could be a male plumber. She never pulled her jeans up all night long, not that I was looking.
Some of the firemen and some of these females were dancing on the bar throughout the night which was probably illegal, but who is going to stop the fun that they were having when it was for a good cause, and city employees were involved.
One of the fund raising events was a fireman getting a dollar for every push up that he could do. He did 44 push ups before he was unable to continue. They also had a Chinese raffle.

My neighbor came over while I was cutting the lawn and spoke to me about why he and his wife have their house up for sale. They bought a foreclosure house in Venice, Florida. They have a seasonal home in Maine as well as family who live there. They are going to winter in Florida, and live in Maine during the summer months. They actually had a couple last night look at their house for a second time. A deal may be in the works!

I have to read the local newspaper, do the minutes for the Sister City Meeting which took place last evening, type up an agenda for REAM, and run off copies at Staples, help set up for today’s retired teachers’ luncheon, and run the meeting. When the luncheon breaks up around 2:30 PM, we will head home, and this boy will be taking a nap. I have two sporting contests to watch tonight while Linda hosts a Mah Jongg which starts at 6:30 PM.

I think that I might have a free day tomorrow, but Linda is going out with some girlfriends who are going to the Cape at the end of June. It is a party in which they will finalize details for their trip.
We weren’t this busy in Mexico!

For my golfing friends, the Irish American Club will be having their annual golf tournament (starts at noon) on the last Sunday in June. The cost is $75 per person. It is the usual wonderful day of food, fun, and merriment. It is a Captain and Crew format. Just contact me if you want to join me for the day. There will be hot dogs and hamburgers before you tee off, and at the turn. There is a roast beef dinner with all the fixings after golf. There is a huge raffle so that even if your team doesn’t score well on the course, the raffle prizes will ease the pain.

Well, I have to get to my tasks.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: