Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends

I went to Retro Fitness for the 6 AM opening. The body parts are still working okay even after my 1 hour workout.

We had a pleasant day on Saturday. I will give you an example of how there are things that married couples do even if one partner is not excited about doing what the partner has in mind.
We arrived at Webs Yarn Store in Northampton around 10 AM. We were lucky to find a parking place right outside of the front door of the store. The parking lots were jammed with happy customers. You have to visualize a yarn store along with two huge tents set up to the left of the front door. Linda jumped right into the crowd under the tents. Yarn was being picked over by women and some men. There was even a bin of free yarn which Linda gravitated to. I brought a folding chair, and sat across from the Yarn store and the tents. I watched and listened to conversations from the happy people.
Two of these happy women walked by me on the way to their car with bags full of yarn. One woman tells the other that the yarn that she purchased was “so soft that she wanted to snuggle with it”. I wanted to say something, but I decided that I could get myself in trouble if I said what I was thinking.
While I was sitting in my chair, and reading a book, and one lady said that I had the best seat in the place. She said that I must have done this before. I responded by saying; “Yes I have.” I asked her if she has ever been to the Dutchess County Fair grounds in New York State for the Sheep and Wool Festival. She said that she hasn’t missed one yet. I told her that I would see her there in October.
Since I was sitting by the entrance to the parking lot, the people would roll down their windows and ask me where to park. Maybe I should consider working the two day sale next year.
Linda was all shopped out by 2 PM. I finished a good portion of the book that I was reading. On the way home, we stopped at one of the roadside vendors for a little snack.

I tried to squeeze in an afternoon nap before going out for supper. I woke up earlier than planned so we went off to CVS so that Linda could make a few prints of some recent pictures of our latest grandchild Gabriel, her sister Isabelle and their cousin Max. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have Linda. We probably would have no pictures of our grandchildren especially since I can’t even work an instamatic camera.
Speaking of cameras, as we left the CVS, I found a camera on the ground still in its case. Linda brought it into the store, and hopefully it will be returned to its owner.

For supper we went off to Zucchini’s Restaurant with another couple. Linda used one of the radio auction coupons to help defray our cost of the meal. The food, fun and merriment lasted for a couple of hours.

When we arrived home, I watched the Red Sox game, but I fell asleep before they lost the game in the 12th inning.

While watching the Red Sox, I watched one of those commercials where the Hamsters are driving a car called the “Soul”. I do like the commercial, but then I got to thinking about the car. It is really a small vehicle. You probably have to be the size of hamster to even fit into it.

It is almost 9:30 AM, and the Queen is stirring, and she will be downstairs in a minute or two. Today we have nothing on our social calendar, and I think Linda likes it that way. It might be hot dog and hamburger type weather today. I might even watch the Red Sox in our screened in room on our deck. The game takes place at 1 PM. I also have the Celtics to watch at 3:30 PM. It looks like it will be another slug type day for me.
I know that as we left the restaurant last evening, Linda was making plans for a little recreational shopping with her female friend. This would be an afternoon adventure.

I was thinking about going Vegan! Not! I read a column in the Boston Globe this morning about this husband and wife who were happily married even though the female was a Vegan right from the beginning of their marriage. They had four daughters, and each one grew up to be a Vegan. One the four daughters, who wrote the article, is now entering the dating scene. She is trying to find a male suitable for marriage, who also is a Vegan. I say “Good Luck!”
I know that vegetables should be part of everyone’s diet, but this is grilling season. There is nothing like heating up the grill, and hearing a sizzle when you drop a piece of meat on the grill. Of course, it could be chicken or fish too. You can’t convince me that Homo sapiens ate only vegetables. Our bodies were designed to handle eating meat, but not every day.
Can you imagine having something like a Super Bowl Party, and having no meat products?
A cookout without some form of meat just wouldn’t be a cookout! My son makes a good veggie burger for his customers in East Boston with all kinds of healthy ingredients, but I couldn’t go through a whole summer eating veggie burgers.
I also am so happy that none of our children are raising their children to eat only vegetables. A balanced diet and exercise is the way to go. The problem with me is that I should have started this type of life style years ago.

Have a great Sunday!
It is going to be a super day weather wise for us in the Berkshires.
Get out there and enjoy it.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: