Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had another pleasant day on Saturday. We spent the day just doing our thing.

My day started at Retro Fitness with the 6 AM crowd which was really a handful of people.

I had to get a propane tank refill because I am pretty sure that I left the grill on the last time I cooked anything. Luckily the gauge was near the low end so that I didn’t waste a full tank of gas.

A little before noon, we headed off to Home Goods to replace a towel. Linda bought a towel a couple of days ago. Her new bathing suit doesn’t go well color wise. I said that I thought that we had some nice beach towels with fish on them. She said yes we do, but those were about 15 years old (still in good shape) She said that when she goes off to her yearly Cape adventure with her girlfriends at the end of June that she can’t be bringing the same towel year after year. We men wouldn’t care one bit!
You would think that a towel exchange would be a quick one. Not! We spent over an hour choosing a gazing ball and stand. Linda has always wanted a gazing ball for one of our flower beds. She got her wish yesterday, but it was a major production. The first problem was that Home Goods had all these beautiful gazing balls to choose from, but the store had no stands to put them on. I found a large flower vase in the clearance section. We spent over an hour finding the best gazing ball for the vase. Total strangers, and a neighbor, who happened to be in the store at the same time, even helped out with the selection. We started to attract a crowd of onlookers who were wondering what we were doing. I felt like I was in the women’s shoe department at Macy’s.
Well, the gazing ball is all set up in one of the flower beds, and I must admit that it does look quite nice. Linda said that she has wanted one for many years. Can you imagine if I, a color blind person, came home with my version of a gazing ball and stand?

We then had to make a grocery run, and pick up a few things. I needed to replenish our beer supply especially since we are going to a picnic today, and we are supposed to bring our own beverages. I also had a coupon where if I purchased two bottles of a particular beverage, I would get an $8 rebate.

We had a quiet evening alone. I grilled a couple of steaks. Linda whipped up a large sweet potato, which she split in half, and added some vegetables to compliment the meal. We finished supper about the same time as the first pitch was thrown for the Red Sox game. The Red Sox finally beat Kansas City by an exciting score of 1 to 0. It was so exciting that I dozed off for a couple of innings.

Sports -- A perfect game was thrown yesterday by an old Red Sox nemesis Roy Halliday when he was at Toronto. He is now a pitcher for the Phillies

Social Calendar – We are going to the picnic at the home of one of our Irish Sister City Members during the mid afternoon today. Linda made up one of her bean concoctions. It has been brewing in the crock pot all night. It smells wonderful. I am pretty sure it will be a big hit, and people will want the recipe. This is one of those recipes where we hesitate to give it away because everyone will start making it because it is so good.

News – A while back, a drone shot and killed some innocent people in the various war zones. A report came out, and the crew who controlled the drone got into some serious trouble. The Drone was controlled out of the same place in Las Vegas where Danielle was working as a flight instructor for the Predator before she left the military. If Danielle was in the military at the time, it would never have happened on her watch. The report said that it was pilot inexperience, and some bad decisions were made. Demotions have already taken place.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper, and the Boston Globe. I like to do so before Linda gets up. Reading the newspapers at the same time sometimes becomes a conflict. I will do some weeding while she reads the newspapers.

Have a great Sunday.
We are all set to have a great one.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: