Friday, May 21, 2010

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

Another day went as planned. I dug up the tulips, and gave the lawn a trim. I needed a nap since I was up with the 4:30 AM crowd at Retro Fitness.

While I was napping Linda went off for round one for some perennial and herb shopping. She did find a couple of hanging baskets for either end of the garage, but I think that we have to get some larger ones. We usually go plant shopping together, but I was in the hands of Morpheus. Also, the Neon doesn’t have a great deal of room for plants. In other words, my lack of being present, while she was shopping, caused her to come home an unhappy camper.

I planted the perennials, and loaded up my car with equipment for the Third Thursday Event in downtown Pittsfield.

The Third Thursday went very well. Since the weather was nice, the people came out in great numbers. Our Irish Bangers were a big hit. We did run out of them, but we won’t the next time. We have already come up with a strategy so that we won’t run out of them again.
The Irish Whiskey Cake was a big hit too.
Our Musician Cam Collins, had people stopping and listening to him perform while they ate our epicurean delights.
The 50/50 was won by one of our friends. She won $96; she is the same person who won a few bucks at the Curley Super Bowl Party. If you hang out where the Curley’s are present, there is a good chance that that you will win something.

After the Third Thursday came to close, us workers packed up and headed off to Patrick’s Pub. Our table for 12 turned into a table for over 20 people. The band playing Irish music had us all singing and tapping our feet for several hours. A little after 10 PM, we paid our food and beverage bill. I headed home, but some of the people continued partying.

When I arrived home Linda was relaxing after her book club dinner / meeting. I am not sure if she had as much fun as I did working the crowd at the Third Thursday, and enjoying the food, fun and merriment at Patrick’s Pub! I had to explain where Linda was as people stopped by our booth.

I am teeing off with the seniors at 8:30 AM this morning. Linda will have at least 5 hours of peace and quiet. Maybe she will decide to go on the hunt for more plants. She really can’t do any planting of annuals because I have to purchase several bags of potting soil. It looks like we will be doing a good deal of planting this weekend. The forecast for all next week is for summer like weather.

Social Calendar – I am not sure what we have planned for the evening. I would rather stay home a cook something on the grill since we have another summer like day on tap for today.

News – I heard this on the national news the other day. I guy in Chicopee, Massachusetts tried to sell his 3 month old daughter for a couple of 40 ounce beers. As my military son would say, he is just another Masshole!

Have to go and read the local newspaper, and select my golfing wardrobe.
Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: