Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Golf was okay for me on Friday. There is still much room for improvement.

Linda made it through her body maintenance procedure, and did a whole bunch of errands while I took an afternoon nap.

My nap was designed to keep me totally awake so that I could watch all three Boston teams do battle. Well, I didn’t go to bed a happy man last evening. All three Boston teams lost their games.

We did go to the Shamrock last evening. We did choose to go alone so that we had no commitments so that we could come directly home so that I could watch my sporting contests. The sports’ watching was a waste of time.
It was relatively quiet at the Shamrock. The waitress said that there was a rush at 5 PM, but there was a lull by the time that we sat down to eat. The Clam Chowder and Lobster roll that Linda had was wonderful as usual. My fish and chips were great too.

Speaking of fish and chips, I was really trying to be a conversationalist last evening, but I failed. I tried to slow down the speed at which I eat, and converse while eating. I just couldn’t do it. I dropped a forkful of fried fish laden with tartar sauce down my shirt, and onto my cargo pants. When we returned home, Linda had to spend a portion of her quiet evening trying to get out the massive grease stains.

Today should be a quiet day for us. We have nothing booked in right now. Since it is Mother’s Day weekend, I will let the Queen dictate what she wants to do.
If she wants to be left alone, there is still one more flower bed that needs immediate attention.

A little thunder and lighting storm is taking place right now. The temperatures are supposed to cool off a little today when the front moves through.
Another front moves through tomorrow, and the temperatures will be cool enough to have snow in the higher elevations. This is exactly why I tell our friends who winter in Florida to not come back until June 1.

The Red Sox do battle against the Yankees once again today. I believe this game is an afternoon one.

Another baby boomer couple who had children in the 70’s like Linda and I, will be experiencing a grandchild for the first time. They are so excited just like we were / currently are. The grand mother to be has started knitting baby clothes. The grand parenting thing is just another phase on the road of life. The flower beds and the garden take on a lower priority once the grand children start arriving. This has already happened to Linda and me.

Well, I have no more words of wisdom for right now.
I am going off to Retro Fitness for the 6 AM opening.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: