Monday, June 21, 2010

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

Linda is all packed for her trip. The travel bag weighs a mere 45 pounds. She said that she has to pack a large bag since she will be there a whole week. She said that the other ladies pack a lot of stuff too.

The day went as planned until I woke up from my nap. Linda told me that we were having an impromptu cookout at our house with another couple. We invited the next door neighbor and his family, but he was going off to watch golf at a friend’s home.
Linda and I were waiting for our friend’s to arrive when we received a telephone call from another friend who invited us to a cookout at their place. We packed up the food, which were going to serve the first couple, and headed off to West Stockbridge. There were three couples and the daughter of the host couple. We had a combination of hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage patties, steak, bokchoy (made by the host), green beans, and watermelon. The hostess made a strawberry rhubarb pie that was delicious for dessert. We had a wonderful time. There was much food, fun and merriment before we called it a night!

Linda will be departing for the Cape while I am playing golf with two other guys. We couldn’t find a fourth to play with so it will be just the three of us.

Kevin called to wish me a Happy Father’s Day. He said that they were having fun at the Saturday and Sunday fish concerts in Saratoga. Kevin and Kyla were heading into the 8:30 PM concert when he called.
Mike also wished me a Happy Father’s Day by way of the internet. He put on two videos of our granddaughter Isabelle who swims like a fish, They have an above ground pool in their back yard! We will visit them during mid July!

I did go to bed a happy man since my Red Sox won during the Sunday night broadcast of the game on ESPN.

There are a few quiet chores which I must attend to before selecting my wardrobe for golf.

I think that the restoration people will be removing their fans and dehumidifiers if the moisture numbers are good.

Have a great week at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: