Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

I made it through only 8 holes of golf on Monday. I strained my wrist a little, and was having trouble gripping the club. I said goodbye to my buddies, and went home after the ninth hole. I put a little ice on the strained wrist, and it is almost back to normal this morning.
I did have a chance to say goodbye to Linda as one of her girl friends arrived to pick her up for the Cape Cod adventure!

Linda did call around 4:30 PM and said that the three of them arrived on Cape Cod and they were all settled in. The other friends were arrived and departing at different times throughout the week.

I spent most to of the day relaxing in the screened in room on the deck since I was told to keep the windows in the house closed while the fans and dehumidifiers are going. One of the workers tested the moisture content in the basement, and said that it was “bone dry.” The first floor still has high levels of moisture which have to be reduced before any restoration takes place. Of course, we have to wait until Linda comes home to do the replacement of floors.

Today, I am going to do a little weeding in the flower beds if all goes well. The restoration guy is coming back to check moisture levels again today.

Tomorrow we have a family meeting with the staff at 11 AM at the nursing home to discuss how things are going with Mom.

I have my Red Sox to keep me entertained this evening. Yesterday was a travel day so I spent most of my time reading instead of watching sporting contests. I did watch a little of the World Cup. I wouldn’t imagine that many Americans are watching it since most people are working when the games are being played.

The Oil spill continues on its path of destruction. Will they ever solve the problem?

Observation -- I was thinking about how busy we are going to be this summer. We are going to Fourth of July Cookouts, marching in the Parade on July 5, and a James Taylor Concert in the evening at Tanglewood, a wedding in Falmouth on the 10th of July, a 10th year anniversary for a couple whom we know on July 17,We have a trip planned for Kansas right after mid July. We have a birthday bash for our grandson in North Tewksbury at the end of July. There is the Ethnic Fair on August 8, and a few days later the UNICO Golf tournament. We have baseball game / picnic planned for our Irish Sister Group of friends and family at Wahconah Park, we are going south for a week with two other couples at the end of August, and the beat goes on. Are we retired or what?

Well, I can get to some noisy chores because no one is home but me.
Have a great Tuesday!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: