Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello on Wednesday Morning

ear Friends,



We had another pleasant day babysitting for our grandchild.



Max had a two hour morning nap, didn’t eat well for lunch (with me in charge), and he had a late afternoon nap in which Linda had to wake him up for supper. Linda said that he was a chow hound for supper, but I missed seeing it because I was at my Irish Sister City Meeting.

I am so glad that I didn’t go to the Pub after my meeting. Linda was putting on his pajamas as I walked in the door from my meeting. Max’s eyes lit up, and he was so glad to see his grandpa. He squirmed so much that Linda struggled to get his pajamas on.

Max has been enjoying see the various creatures at my bird feeder attached to our deck. I am betting that his parents might be hanging a bird feeder soon at their house in North Tewksbury so that he can watch all the creatures like his cousins do in Kansas. Maybe grandpa will find an appropriate spot to hang one during our next visit.



Kyla was doing well at her conference in Colorado, but she really misses her son. She knows that he is in good hands with Linda and I being in charge. The question is will Max remember who his parents are? Just kidding!



Our son Kevin called a couple of times to check on Max, and to tell me how his day (Tuesday is his day off) was going with respect to projects around the house. While he was outside doing yard work, he saw a sprinkler system guy working at another house. He asked the guy to come over and look at his sprinkler system which wasn’t working correctly. This guy was the same one who put in the original system in the house in 2002. The guy spent several hours repairing broken pipes, damaged sprinkler heads, and got the system working the way it is supposed to work. Kevin told me what the guy did, and what he paid for the job, and I told Kevin that it was worth it. There is no way that he could have fixed the problem on his own. Don’t go to their house at 5:30 AM because you might get an unwanted shower.

Kevin called a second time to say that he carried on the Curley tradition of using an electric hedge trimmer, and cutting the cord. He just went out to Home Depot on Tuesday and bought a hedge trimmer. Within the blink of an eye, he cut the extension cord. I had given Kevin the extension cord a couple of years ago, and it was already taped where I cut the cord.

My trimmer has to be replaced, and I am leaning toward a gasoline propelled one. I am so tired of cutting extension cords!



I was a bit tired when I went to bed. I managed to watch the Red Sox win their game, but I failed to make it through the Celtic game. Good thing that I didn’t stay up because the Celtics lost the game to the Lakers at home. Oh Darn!



We are both free today to take care of Max. I can’t play golf because my course has a Jimmy Fund Tournament booked in for most of the day. This is okay because our lawn needs a trim, and it is nice to have another set of hands to help take care of our grandchild.

Rain is predicted to fall toward evening.

It is 40 degrees right now, and we have another day of 60 degree weather. I had so hoped to purchase a small blow up pool, or to take Max to the pool at my golf course. We don’t get back to the 80’s until the weekend, and by that time we might be heading east again.



I am up early because I have to do the minutes of the Irish Sister Meeting which took place last evening. The hour long meeting went very well, but now my work begins.



My dad’s ”day surgery” was postponed until next Friday.

My sister called me to say that she was babysitting for one of her grandchildren in New York State, and to inform me about our father’s situation.



Well, I have to get to the Irish Sister City Minutes.

Have a great Wednesday.

You know what Linda and I will be doing.

Talk to you soon! The Curley Lad

No comments: