Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Hello on Wednesday evening

Dear Friends,

The baby sitting adventure has come to an end. I said “Goodbye” to a smiling grandchild as I left North Tewksbury this morning a little after 9 AM. The adventure began on June 6, ended for Linda on June 13, and continued for me until this morning which is June 16, 2010.

Yes, we did have coordinated meals while I was in North Tewksbury. Monday night we had a crock pot pork loin dinner. I lathered the pork with a stone ground mustard, coated the bottom of the crock pot with some white wine, put in some onions carrots and potatoes. Kevin left his restaurant early, and we all ate together.

On Tuesday, I found a whole split up chicken in the freezer, and decided that grilling it would be a good thing. I decided not to cook any carbs. Kyla picked up some Portobello mushrooms, Vidalia Onions, and Asparagus on the way home form work. I grilled them before cooking the chicken. When Kevin found out what I was cooking, he left the restaurant early. This night we put Max to bed before sitting down to supper. Kyla picked up a half of a pie for dessert. We treated it like her birthday cake since Tuesday she turned another year older.
It is difficult to believe that I am 30 years older than Kevin and Kyla. Maybe that is why I feel a little tired at the end of the day after taking care of a ninth month old who has started to crawl.

I couldn’t send my morning e-mails because Kevin’s computer is sick, and Kyla goes off to work by either 6 AM or 7:15 AM depending one whether she needs to go to work early.

When I arrived home, I immediately cut my overgrown lawn, and went for a 2 PM nap.

Speaking of lawn cutting, I finished my lawn, and was enjoying a beverage. I was going to cut my neighbor’s lawn when all of a sudden I heard the roar of an unaccustomed mower. Our neighbor hired a lawn service to cut his lawn.

I was in the middle of a deep sleep when Linda came into the bedroom in crisis mode. The washing machine sprung a leak in one of the two hoses going into the machine. Before Linda noticed it, a small load of her clothes went through a complete cycle, and a couple inches of water ended up in the laundry room floor and the first floor entry way linoleum floor. The water also found its way down into the cellar and into the finished off basement. Ceiling tiles are falling from a portion of the family room as I type this e-mail. The finished off basement is wet again. The storage room is wet. Water is dripping from the joists to items on shelves in the storage room. Two restoration guys just arrived.
The adjuster is saying that the damage is more than what the eye can see. He thinks that water might have been dripping for a while, and following the joists for days. This is going to be a major project. A lot of water damage has taken place. Floors will have to be replaced.
Any weekend events which we were planning are in real jeopardy. Oh Darn!

I am going to work the Third Thursday. I have the Irish Bangers in my possession. The Gormalley Lad and I will be setting up around 3 PM. The streets will be closed off at 3:30 PM. The event goes from 5 PM until 8 PM. I will see what the status of things are around our home before continuing onto Patrick’s Pub after cleaning up after the Third Thursday. I might need to escape our home since drying fans will be going 24/7 for days. Don’t forget if my readers are local, stop in at our booth which will be located right in front of Pasko Gift and Frame on North Street. We will be offering Irish Bangers, and Irish Whiskey Cake. Stop by and say “Hello” to me and all my Irish Sister City Brothers and Sisters.

Well, my “Man Cave” is out of bounds for several days to start off with, and then a construction crew will be starting repairs when things dry out. This is not good!
The repairs could last well into the summer! I might have to modify my “Life is Good” statement for a while.

Social Calendar – Linda is off to Mazzeo’s with a set of girlfriends who all had their children the same time that we had ours. I was going to have a Chicken Novena, but I am not sure if I am in the mood for making any kind of food.

Well, I have to sign a few papers. The action is fast and furious. Our garage is filling up with wet items.

Talk to you in the morning. The Curley Lad

No comments: