Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Hope that everyone had a pleasant day on Tuesday. The weather was picture perfect here in the Berkshires. I spent most of my day doing yard work. The flower beds got de-weeded, the lawn got cut, and weed whacking was done too.
While I was doing my thing, Linda was at her Tuesday Mah Jongg session. She wasn’t too lucky this week.

We had a nice and quiet supper. I grilled a piece of healthy red meat. Some vegetables and a sweet potato made for a wonderful meal.

After supper, I left Linda sorting through a weeks worth of mail, and writing out bills as I headed off to bed to watch the Red Sox. I tried making room in my man cave, but I couldn’t get near the couch or television. I did struggle to watch television while lying in bed, and dozed quite often, but I did see the Red Sox win the game.

Social Calendar – I am playing golf at 8:56 AM this morning, but I am not sure if I am going to play all 18 holes. I don’t want to get too tired for the Pasta fundraiser which I am working at. My services are required at 3:15 PM. The Fund Raiser is for a former student who is running for the Berkshire County Sheriff position. He is going against a retired politician. My former student worked his way up the Pittsfield police force, and I think that he is the most qualified for the job.
Linda is going to be dealing with the restoration people and the insurance company during the day. In the evening, she will be hooking up with a knitting group which meets every Wednesday at Panera Bread at 6 PM. This might change if her other set of friends decides to play Mah Jongg.

The weather dropped considerably overnight and I would bet that some people have their heat turned on. Our weather guy said that it will be 68 degrees by noon, and only 72 by 5 PM. In just a few short day we will be back to hot and humid, and reaching the 90 degree mark.

I can’t believe that we can’t solve the oil spill crisis. Over the weekend, former presidents Clinton suggested to use explosives, and blow the thing up. Maybe this isn’t such a bad idea, except BP would be losing money by doing so.

I just got through looking at the CNN web page. You could get very depressed looking at all the stuff going on in the world. As an example, at a VA hospital, hundreds of vets could have picked up HIV from something that went on in the particular hospital. How could this happen in this day and age with all the safeguards that we have?

Well this all goes back to people taking care of their own family, and dealing with the situation that has come about in their lives. As I see my son in North Tewskbury and his wife raise their son, they don’t have time to get in conflicts. They both go off to work each day after spending some morning time with their child, the child goes to day care, and they come homed tired, and spend a few precious hours with their child. They don’t have time or energy to get involved in internal strife or strife outside of the home. If every family in the United States did this, we wouldn’t have all the crazy situations which make the news each day.
In Kansas, with my other son and his family, mom stays home and takes care of two children while dad goes off to work. They too are exhausted by days end, and they too lack the energy to get in conflict in or outside of the home.
The family is what made this nation great. As the family unit has evolved or sometimes lost its structure over the years, the problems began. If we get people back on track, maybe we can return to what we once had.

Have a great Wednesday!
Don’t let the bumps in the road get you down.
Life is good! Get out and enjoy it. The Curley Lad

No comments: