Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Well, my comment about feeding our grandson McDonalds’ Happy meals drew quite a stir from parents and friends. I try and tell people it was just an aberration, and we used the fast food (and unhealthy that it is) just to calm the child down for the journey home. It is not something that we would do every day of the week. It was like “emergency road assistance.”

Speaking of food, Max has been eating and processing his food quite well. I like Max’s smile when I rescue him from the portable crib in the morning. Changing the fully loaded diaper takes away some of the initial joy!
One of my golfing buddies, who is approaching 70 years old, told me that he had never changed a diaper since his children were born. He also said that he never changed a grandchild’s diaper either. This attitude is really old school!

Max took an early afternoon nap, and I did too. Good thing that Linda was home because when Max woke up, I was still out like a light.

The first full day with Max went well. Linda did leave the house a little after 3 PM to play golf with a bunch of friends. She returned home a little after 7 PM, and I couldn’t wait for her to come home. I have such a deep appreciation of motherhood, and I really see how much effort is involved to raise a child. Max was so good during the hours that Linda was on her golfing adventure.
The fact that Max is crawling puts a whole new dimension on childcare. He is attracted to the dials and buttons on our exposed cable box, and surround system box. I can see Kevin and Kyla putting locking devices on cabinet doors in their kitchen very soon.

About 5 minutes after Linda walked in the door, Max got a bath. After a bottle and some chill down time Max was ready for bed.
I went into my man cave to watch the Red Sox, but I couldn’t make it past 10 PM.

Linda has her usual 11:30 AM to 4 PM Mah Jongg Session today so you know what I will be doing. We have a 6 PM Irish Sister City Meeting so you know what Linda will be doing. There was some talk about Sister City Members possibly going out after the meeting to a Pub, but I think that I will come straight home and assist with putting Max to bed (and maybe me too).

I do have the Red Sox and the Celtics to watch the evening. I am not sure if I can make it through the Celtic game since it doesn’t start until 9 PM.

We have another sunny, but cool day in store for today.

My sister is taking dear old dad for day surgery to Mass General today. Hopefully the procedure will eliminate the face pain which he is experiencing.

I felt like a stranger at Retro Fitness this morning (4:30 AM) since I haven’t been there in a while. The regulars were there as usual.

We did get an e-mail from one parent, and call from the other on Monday. They both miss Max very much, but the dad was able to do some stuff around the house without interruption. Max’s Dad has the day off today so he will be able to do a good deal of things both outside and inside the house.

I don’t have time to continue this e-mail because I have several quiet chores to do before Max wakes up.

Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: