Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is a dark and dreary day in North Tewksbury. Yes, it is daylight, and yes I am the only one up right now.
We had a pleasant day on Saturday. We arrived a little before noon.
Max still hasn’t lost the urge to be picked up by Grandpa. I am so happy!

We visited for about 30 minutes before Linda and Kyla went off to the Burlington Mall. Kyla was looking for a few items to take on her week long conference in Boulder, Colorado. Kyla’s whole workplace was going to one of those what I call “Touchy / Feely” conferences.

I was in charge of Max while they were gone. I almost blew my brains out blowing bubbles for Max to keep him entertained. Max has finally started to crawl. Kevin also taught him how to wave, and say “Hi.”

Kevin had to go into the restaurant for a few hours, but he came home during the mid afternoon. We finally hung one of those swinging chairs from the rafters in the area where the previous owners had a hot tub. Visualize a roofed in structure with a railing with spindles enclosing the structure. The hour long project went very well, and it was amazing how father and son worked together. We had every adult in the house test the holding power including the big man Franny. All chains and bolts, etc., are guaranteed to hold weights up to 750 pounds according the hardware which we bought at Home Depot.

The Brodeur’s stopped by after Jerry went through a dialysis session. He had a few issues during this past week with some ports in his body, but everything is working fine. They visited us just about the time that Kyla’s Crock Pot Beef Strogonoff was ready. Kevin and I had two bowls of the Strogonoff. It appears that our daughter-in-law is well on her way to being a Domestic Goddess.
The Brodeur’s had eaten before they came to visit because Jerry was very hungry after his dialysis session. They were invited to join us for supper, but you never know how the Brodeur lad is going to feel after going through dialysis. He usually comes out exhausted.

Kyla has a 9:30 AM flight to Colorado so that means it will just be Kevin, Max, Linda and I today. I am going off to purchase the Boston Globe as soon as everyone is up.
Kevin and I have some projects around the house to take care, one of which is to fix the squeaking guest bathroom door (WD-40) that woke up Linda when I used the facilities at 5 AM.
We aren’t sure whether we are leaving today or Monday morning for the Berkshires, As I was sitting here this morning, I was thinking that maybe I should take Linda back to Pittsfield, and come back and stay here in North Tewksbury to do the babysitting. I don’t think that it is going to happen, and I didn’t run this by Linda. These are just some random thoughts from the Curley Lad.

I did get a chance to watch the Red Sox do battle against the hapless Baltimore Orioles. A new manager for two games has not made any difference.
The Celtics play the Lakers at 8:30 PM tonight. I am not sure where I will be watching the game. It could be in my “Man Cave” in Pittsfield.

The remaining cat in Kevin and Kyla’ home is a pretty good hunter. If you ever come to visit you will see mice, moles, and an occasional chipmunk which the cat has captured and killed. Sometimes she deposits the dead rodents on the deck. All the creatures are so happy to be away from the concrete jungle in East Boston.

I think that Kevin is starting to realize that taking care of the outside of the house which includes the lawn, and all the flower beds, and the various trees, and vegetation in general requires a good deal of man hours to maintain. He wanted to do all this stuff by himself. As things started to grow, things have changed. He is realizing that there are not enough hours in the day to maintain the beautiful yard that he has. I would help out with the yard work, if we lived closer (for a nominal fee / beer). Things are growing faster than he can keep up.

Observation – I still continue to drive Linda crazy, but of course it is unintentional. When we left Pittsfield, I was driving the car wearing a sleeveless shirt. We were in the car for 30 seconds, and Linda couldn’t stand the smell of my deodorant. It was giving her a headache. I had to pull over and put on shirt over my sleeveless shirt to cover up the odor from the deodorant. She is the one who bought me the deodorant!
Last night I put on a summer weight pajamas. Linda asked me if they were old ones, or packed away some where for months (which they were). She said I smelled musty. I had to take off those musty pajamas before I went to bed. As I am starting to lose my sense of smell, I think that Linda’s is getting better.


Well, I think that I might sneak off now and get the Boston Globe.
Is that a quiet activity?
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: