Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

I would like to tell you how wonderful the power washing of our house looks, but it never happened. Our power washer guy thought that he would quickly do our neighbor’s house first, and then do ours. The crew worked from 9 AM until 4 PM on the neighbor’s house & deck. He rang our doorbell at 4 PM, and said that he would be back on Thursday morning to do our house. Our neighbor did say that they did a great job on his house and deck (synthetic material). This includes cleaning gutters also which were jam packed of pine needles from a massive tree in his front yard.
I hope that our house gets done today, but there is a chance of a stray thunderstorm.

I did give the lawn a trim. Our guy who spreads the chemicals on the lawn to keep it looking beautiful showed up just about the time I was finishing the lawn cutting. They said that the dry and burnt looking spots on my lawn were being caused by a fungus, and not grubs. The sprayed a chemical on the lawn which should kill the fungus. Actually, the two man crew said that they were spending the whole day doing what they did to our lawn for many of their other customers. I must admit that my friend who looked at our lawn was correct by telling us that it wasn’t grubs causing our problem.

Linda did go off to Panera Bread last evening to bond with an informal knitting group. There were 16 avid knitters at the gathering. You know that Linda can very easily join a group of total strangers, and become part of the group in just a few minutes, which she did.
I was happy to stay home, grill some burgers, and settle down to watch the Red Sox do battle.

Linda is out again this evening. Her Book Club is having farewell party for one of their members who will be leaving the Berkshires shortly. The lady has already sold her McMansion, and the house never spent a day on the real estate market. I think the book club will be dinning at Jay’s Spice on North Street in Pittsfield.
I will be home alone again in my “Man Cave.” I will have the remote control in one hand, and a snack of some sort in the other as I go between the Celtics, and the Red Sox. Do you really think that I will be sad to be home alone for the second evening in a row?

Speaking of baseball, how about the umpire who made an incorrect call at first baseball thus denying a Detroit pitcher of pitching a perfect game? At least, the umpire admitted the mistake after the game, but the pitcher was still credited with a one hitter, and not a no hitter.

My friends and I did play a quick 9 holes yesterday morning. We were supposed to do it again this morning, but my two buddies can’t make it. I kept the tee time Justin case I wanted to go alone. Right now it looks like the rain is ready to fall at any moment. I might stay home and bond with Linda while we wait for our power washer guy.

Well, the oil spill continues to flow in the gulf. Some plate size globs of oil are reaching Pensacola, Florida. That doesn’t bode well for tourism.

It is time for me to read the local newspaper, and make a decision whether to play golf alone or not.
Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: