Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello on Monday

Dear Friends,

Max got rescued from his portable crib a little after 8 AM. After some play time, breakfast, and more play time, Kyla and I alternated getting ready for our separate adventures. We both left the home at 10:30 AM. Kyla dropped off Max at my sister’s home, while I headed off to the Skyline Country Club.
I assume things went well for Max and Kyla before their day ended in the Berkshires.

My day went very well. My three golfing buddies and I came in second place in the Captain and Crew tournament. While second place wins you no prizes in this tournament, my buddies and I went home with raffle prizes.

Another good thing about playing Captain and Crew is that everyone contributes during the 18 holes at some point. Somebody might make a difficult putt; another person might hit the longest drive; or someone might hit a great chip shot; etc., and this is what happened during the whole round. On a few holes, we just couldn’t put it all together, and that is why we didn’t come in first place.
The most important thing is that we had fun!

Social Calendar – I have some golf committee stuff to do during the day with a UNICO brother. This evening I am attending a Golf Committee meeting and a UNICO board meeting at the Italian American Club.
Linda and her two roommates will be shopping and eating their way from the Cape Cod to Pittsfield. This will take all day to accomplish, and I will probably be in bed by the time Linda finally comes home.

Sports – I did come home in time to catch the last few innings of the Red Sox game. I didn’t see the Yankee’s come from behind win.
The Yankees are playing like World Series winners. The Red Sox have starting players who are injured, but the substitutes seem to be holding their own.

News – Another camping disaster, but this time in Michigan. I would check the weather forecast before I head off for a camping adventure. I would go to a campground where tornadoes usually don’t happen. Maybe you never know when a disaster can strike which goes back to my philosophy that life is a “crap shoot!” You have to live your life the best you can with the hand that you are dealt.
How about the poor child who was walking with her mother in New York, A branch falls from a tree and strikes and kills the child. It was freak accident that you couldn’t prepare for.

Well, I am all out of whack today, and my biological clock doesn’t know what time it is.
I went to bed to early after Sunday’s golf.

Have a great week at work or play.
A long weekend is on the horizon.
Talk to you soon! The Curley Lad

No comments: