Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Well, the Tuesday rains caused a little disruption in our plans for Tuesday. The power washer guy didn’t want to take a chance on aluminum ladders during the rain and possible thunderstorms. My friends and I made it through 8.5 holes of golf before we heard the first clap of thunder. Luckily we were in golf carts, and headed directly to our cars to put away our clubs. After socializing for a little while, I went home and took a nap.
Linda had a fun time playing Mah Jongg at a friend’s home. Everyone won at least one game before they called it quits.

We decided to eat at home last night. I grilled dogs and hot sausage patties, and had the leftover foods from the picnic the night before.

We both settled down after supper, and went to our respective places to watch television. The Red Sox kept me entertained for over three hours as they were successful in beating the Oakland Athletics. Linda watched her favorite programs while I was doing my thing.

Since we have a sunny day predicted for today, My friends and I are going to play 9 holes of golf starting at 7:30 AM. Linda will deal with the power washer guy my absence. I am going to give the lawn a trim when I get back from golf.

I am not sure what Linda has planned for this evening. She has wanted to attend a knitters group at Panera Bread. They meet every Wednesday at 6 PM to socialize, share patterns, and have something to eat. Maybe tonight she will be able to participate.

Politician of note– It was sad to see that Al Gore and his wife are calling it quits after 40 years of marriage. They were growing apart according to the report that I heard. I will bet that he hooked up with a younger woman. The global warming must not have been working in his home!
I suppose that this separation / divorce can happen in any marriage. Neither Linda nor I could afford to keep the other partner maintaining the particular life style which we are enjoying right now. We don’t have some family fortune which we could tap into to resolve financial issues. We would have to sell the house, find separate apartments to live in, and possibly go back to work (heaven forbid), etc. Linda and I are totally happy as we approach our 39th year of marriage. We know pretty much what each is other is thinking and doing. I have my idiosyncrasies, but they are not enough to dissolve a marriage. We both drive each other crazy at times, probably me more than her. I did one load of clothes yesterday after I woke up from my nap. I left a napkin, from one of the two weekend picnics, in one of my articles of clothing. You can visualize a load of dark clothes covered with pieces of a white napkin over every article of clothing, plus the remnants of the napkin in the washing machine itself. Linda better wash a load of her whites next.

The oil spill continues to destroy lives in that region. They interviewed a Matriarch of a family whose has been Shrimpers for generations. The interview was so sad to see how this disaster has affected their lives. They were just recovery from the Hurricane Katrina disaster (5 years ago), and now their lives are in turmoil once again.

Our Berkshires, here in Massachusetts, are looking like a pretty good place to live. If we could get some more jobs back in Pittsfield, we would be ranked number one.

Well, I have to read the local newspaper and select my golf wardrobe for today.
Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

P.S. Garbage collection for our street and Pittsfield in general has been delayed one day because of Memorial Day.

No comments: