Friday, May 22, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had a hectic day on Friday. I put out the deck furniture while Linda was still trying to sleep.
When she did get up, I did a little staining on one wall in the interior of the screened in room on the deck. Linda liked it so I am book in for finishing the whole room.

At 10 AM we went to pick up the Irish Bangers, but we had to get them back home so that they could be refrigerated. This is when our multiple trips to Home Depot for new table and four chairs, mulch, potting soil, bushes. herbs, etc. I could have used a truck since we had purchased so much stuff. Luckily, Home Depot is only a couple miles away from our house.

Speaking of Irish Bangers, they were a big hit at the first Third Thursday in downtown Pittsfield. The Bangers and the Irish Whiskey cake, which we sold, were enjoyed by everyone who purchased them. The fire inspectors did come by to check our fire extinguishers. They said that the ones we had were too small. I have three of the 5 lb. ones, but the inspectors said that they were too small for the gas grill which we were using. The health inspector didn't come by unless they did so secretly.
The Irish Bangers were different than the ones which we have used in the past few years, but our members, and the public were very happy with them.

I will be teeing off in a couple of hours with my senior group. Mom will be getting discharged just about the time we will have completed 9 holes. The fun and merriment doesn't end after 18 holes because we have enough funds saved in a little kitty to have a pizza party.

After golf and the party, I have to go to the Lee nursing home to see if Mom got settled in okay.
I also have to call my sister to find out how she made out with her pancreatitis. I am not sure if they kept her in the hospital for a second night.

No, our day does end after the nursing home visit. We will be having an overnight guest who will be coming from New Hampshire to attend a Friday night wake of a friend's dad. The scary thing is that the deceased is the same age as me, and several of the circle of friend's who we socialize with.

The Red Sox, and the Yankees continue their winning ways.

Politics -- The FBI and the NYPD arrested four terrorists who wanted to blow up synagogues. Is the President soft on terrorism?

Observation -- Since I been on the highways on a daily basis, I have noticed that the younger generation likes to drive their cars in the lounging position. I think that this form of driving is a hazard. I want to be able to see well in all directions. If I want to take a nap, I can sit in my lounge chair in the comfort of my own home.

Have to go and select my golfing wardrobe.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: